Thursday News Executive Summary

Jordan Candler  Above the Fold

SCALPED: Elizabeth “Fauxcahontas” dinky/liar-Warren to drop out of 2020 race (National Review)

Coronavirus

MONETARY ASSISTANCE: House passes roughly $8 billion bipartisan emergency funding deal (NBC News)

liar-PELOSI’S “DIRTY LITTLE SECRET”: She held back coronavirus funding bill so DCCC could run Super Tuesday ads against GOP (RedState)

LIFE CARE CENTER QUANDARY: As U.S. virus death toll hits 11, feds investigate nursing home near Seattle (AP)GOLDEN STATE PROTOCOLS: California declares state of emergency after first death (The Sacramento Bee)

National Security

“THREATENING STATEMENTS OF THIS SORT … ARE DANGEROUS”: Chief Justice John Roberts rebukes Chuck scumbag-Schumer for comments about Kavanaugh and Gorsuch (CNN)

AIDING HEZBOLLAH: Defense Department linguist in Iraq charged with espionage, shared secret names with romantic interest (CNBC)

OH, BY THE WAY: FISA court bans officials involved in Carter Page wiretaps from seeking surveillance (Washington Examiner)

Culture

PARENTS WEREN’T NOTIFIED: Wisconsin high school closes gender-neutral bathroom after alleged sexual assault (MRCTV)

THESE PEOPLE VOTE: Woman discovers plant she’s been watering for two years is actually plastic (Fox News)

Closing Arguments

POLICY: There is no “conservative case” for labor unions (Misrule of Law)

POLICY: Trump’s immigration policies and border wall are working (Issues & Insights)

HUMOR: Paid mourners weep as Michael Bloomberg exits primary (The Babylon Bee) ~The Patriot Post

https://patriotpost.us/articles/69032?mailing_id=4905&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pp.email.4905&utm_campaign=snapshot&utm_content=body        

Congress Agrees to $8.3 Billion Emergency Funding Bill to Combat Coronavirus

By TOBIAS HOONHOUT{nationalreview.com } ~ Congressional leaders have agreed to pass an $8.3 billion emergency funding bill to combat the coronavirus outbreak… with the House expected to vote on the legislation Wednesday afternoon and the Senate planning on passing the bill later this week to fast-track it to President Trump’s desk. Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R., Al.) announced the deal in a press release. “We worked together to craft an aggressive and comprehensive response that provides the resources the experts say they need to combat this crisis,” Shelby said. “I thank my colleagues for their cooperation and appreciate President Trump’s eagerness to sign this legislation and get the funding out the door without delay.” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told reporters Wednesday that the bill’s expedited passing is now paramount. “Our goal would be to do it this week if we get cooperation,” he said. The $8.3 billion package will be divvied up to focus on developing new treatments and preventing the virus’s spread, with over $3 billion in research and $2.2 billion for public response efforts. Another $1.25 billion will be sent overseas for the global effort to slow the pandemic’s spread. The amount is much higher than the Trump administration’s request of $2.5 billion, but slightly lower than Senate minority leader Chuck scumbag-Schumer’s request of $8.5 billion. The president signaled willingness to accept more funds from Congress last week, telling reporters that “if they want to do more, we’ll do more.” Republicans have urged that any coronavirus funding bill should not include any backdoor legislation, and sent a letter on Friday to liar-Pelosi urging Democrats to keep an impending battle on FISA reform separate from the “must-have” bill…  https://www.nationalreview.com/news/congress-agrees-to-8-3-billion-emergency-funding-bill-to-combat-coronavirus/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=breaking&utm_campaign=newstrack&utm_term=19618989  

CDC: Total U.S. coronavirus cases now at 91, six deaths reported

By Tom Howell Jr.{washingtontimes.com } ~ Six people have died from COVID-19 outside of Seattle, meaning the coronavirus outbreak that began in China and sickened 90,000 worldwide has entered a somber phase in the U.S. … President Trump responded Monday by pressing drug companies to speed up work on therapeutic drugs in the coming months, though a vaccine might be more than a year away. White House officials said Americans should take precautions but should not panic. Washington state officials said five people in King County and one from Snohomish County had died, making their corner of the Pacific Northwest the center of an outbreak that is affecting both coasts. No other deaths were reported in the U.S. on Monday. “On behalf of the president and all of the American people, we are extending our deepest condolences and sympathies to those who were lost,” Vice President Mike Pence said. “Despite today’s sad news, let’s be clear: The risk to the American people from the coronavirus remains low.” Still, officials said passengers on direct flights from the hard-hit nations of Italy and South Korea will be subject to “100% screening” as of Tuesday morning to protect the American public. They acknowledged that more cases are likely to be found as testing expands. More than two dozen cases are related to person-to-person spread in the U.S., a brisk increase from the first case reported Wednesday. King County officials reported four new cases of the virus Monday. Among them were the deaths of a man and a woman in their 70s who had underlying conditions and were residents at the LifeCare nursing facility that has reported several infections. A woman in her 80s who had been reported to be in critical condition also died, as did a patient from Snohomish County. Officials reported two deaths over the weekend in King County, putting the state’s death toll at six. County officials proclaimed an emergency that will authorize overtime for county employees. It is buying out a motel to isolate patients in recovery and those in treatment…  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/2/cdc-total-us-coronavirus-cases-now-91/?fbclid=IwAR1ryg2Tr7465O_KfsdHsFB1ahNLrs3GV47KUbWjMNP3paoiSfRdmN8-1os  .\

California confirms first coronavirus-related death

By Alexandria Hein{foxnews.com } ~ Health officials in Placer County, Calif., have confirmed the state’s first coronavirus-related death in an elderly adult with underlying health issues… The news comes on the same day that Washington state reported an additional COVID-19 fatality, bringing the national death toll to 11. “We extend our deepest condolences to the loved ones of this patient,” Placer County Health Officer Dr. Aimee Sisson, said in a statement. “While we have expected more cases, this death is an unfortunate milestone in our efforts to fight this disease, and one that we never wanted to see. “Sisson said the patient tested “presumptively positive on Tuesday,” and was “likely exposed during international travel from Feb. 11-21 on a Princess cruise ship that departed from San Francisco to Mexico.” The health department said others on the cruise may have been exposed to the coronavirus. “Placer County Public Health is working closely with Sacramento County Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to identify and contact other cruise passengers,” the department said. Princess Cruises issued a health advisory Wednesday for passengers currently aboard Grand Princess, and for guests who were on a previous voyage after the CDC began investigating “a small cluster of COVID-19 cases in North California connected to our previous Grand Princess voyage that sailed roundtrip San Francisco from Feb. 11 to Feb. 21.” The liner said that it is working closely with the CDC to follow its recommendations. The patient had been in isolation at Kaiser Permanente Roseville before death, and had “minimal community exposure between returning from the cruise and arriving at the hospital by ambulance on Feb. 27.” The health department said that 10 health care workers and five emergency responders who had contact with the patient before being moved to isolation are now being quarantined. None of the 15 individuals are showing symptoms.  https://www.foxnews.com/health/california-confirms-coronavirus-related-death 

VIDEO:   https://video.foxnews.com/v/6138418503001#sp=show-clips

Just as loose lips liar-Biden Gains Steam  Senate Makes Stunning Announcement

by thepatriotictimes.com ~ loose lips liar-Joe Biden got off scot-free after Democrats impeached Trump over the Ukraine scandal. Yet millions of Americans have not forgotten that is was the former VP that pressured a foreign government… Now, as the primary race reaches a fevered pitch, the Senate hits loose lips liar-Biden with some bad news. You may have forgotten about the Democrats’ impeachment of Donald Trump by now. It seems like even the Democrats have. But way back in the Fall of 2019, House Democrats claimed they had “no choice” but to go after Donald Trump over what he did. But what did he do? According to the official transcript, he asked Ukraine to look into some shady business between former Vice President loose lips liar-Joe Biden and the previous Ukrainian government. Anyone with half a brain would think the Democrats impeached Trump just to cover up the possibility that loose lips liar-Biden broke the law when dealing with Ukraine. Except, their wildly half-baked impeachment scheme only highlighted loose lips liar-Biden’s history with Ukraine. He wanted people to forget all about how he threatened to withhold $1 billion from the country—unless they fired a prosecutor. A prosecutor, by the way, who was investigating Hunter Biden’s company. Many, many Americans believed Trump was being wrongfully impeached over loose lips liar-Biden’s behavior. And they still want answers to what loose lips liar-Biden was doing. So, just as it seems loose lips liar-Biden is about to clinch the Democratic nomination, Senate Republicans are letting us know they haven’t forgotten. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee is preparing to issue a number of initial subpoenas in the panel’s probe into Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian oil and gas company that once employed Hunter Biden as a member of its board of directors, and the organization at the center of a Democratic effort to impeach President Donald Trump…Johnson’s committee is looking into whether Hunter Biden “leveraged his father’s position as vice president to help Burisma, which has long been dogged by allegations of corruption,” according to the DC, but will eventually focus on Burisma’s larger story, including whether the elder loose lips liar-Biden leveraged his own relationship with the scumbag/liar-nObama Administration to secure a position with Burisma for his son, Hunter, and whether Burisma ultimately dodged corruption investigations. Come on, how can anyone not see a conflict of interest in what loose lips liar-Biden was doing? He was actively trying to get a man fired, who could have cost his son his job. How was that okay?…  https://thepatriotictimes.com/just-as-biden-gains-steam-senate-makes-stunning-announcement/   

Chris Murphy Met with Top Iranian Days Before Outbreak, Now People Want Him Quarantined

By Jared Harris {westernjournal.com } ~ An outbreak of coronavirus sweeping senior Iranian leadership has some in the United States worried about rogue Democratic politicians who met with the regime in secret… Now, calls for quarantine are ringing out as the virus takes a deadly toll on the Islamic republic. The virus’ presence in Iran was first discovered after two men died on Feb. 18 from the disease, which was previously unknown in the country. More cases were soon discovered, and now Iran is fighting to contain the outbreak while under crippling economic sanctions. With the virus’ long incubation time, it’s unknown how long the pathogen has been spreading in the country. Coronavirus’ reach in the Islamic republic stretches to all strata and classes, with even an adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei dying from the virus’ effects. More senior leaders, including a vice president and a top cleric, have been infected by the disease. Thankfully, the United States’ cold relations with the country prevent any major threats of transmission. For rogue Democrats who meet with regime officials in secret, it’s a different story. Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy infamously met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif just days before the outbreak swept Iran, and it’s unclear if any other Democrats hosted closed-door meetings with regime officials in the same time frame. Murphy isn’t alone in meeting with the rogue state — other Democrats have been caught talking with Iranian officials. Although Murphy had a seemingly low chance of contracting the disease in his meeting, calls are now ringing out to quarantine the politician. Murphy may not be the only one to quarantine — after weeks of schmoozing with fellow politicians in the nation’s capital, the entirety of Washington, D.C. would be at risk if Murphy were indeed infected…  https://www.westernjournal.com/chris-murphy-met-top-iranian-days-outbreak-now-people-want-quarantined/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=patriottribune&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=libertyalliance  

Afghanistan — What’s Left to Win?

by Mark Alexander{patriotpost.us  } ~ In a casual conversation with a former colleague, a national-security advisor, he asked rhetorically how long I thought the Taliban “peace treaty” would last… I responded: “Long enough for the Taliban to resupply and reload. What else do they have to do?” Predictably, within hours of the agreement being signed, Taliban leader Mawlawi Hibatullah Akhundzada’s Islamist rebels resumed their attacks against President Ashraf Ghani’s Afghan government, which is refusing to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners — Ghani’s best bargaining chip. The Taliban did suspended their attacks on Americans — for the moment — but we are nonetheless obliged to defend our peace partners. Indeed, responding to the attacks, earlier today the U.S. military conducted a series of defensive air strikes against the Taliban in Afghanistan’s Helmand Province. The strikes were our first since the signing of a peace deal on Saturday — a loud shot across the Islamists’ bow. As to the original question, the most relevant query isn’t “How long will the treaty last?” but “Why are we still there?” That’s a tough question, and one that Donald Trump asked when he was a presidential candidate in 2016 — and has asked repeatedly since then. He believes it’s time to stop putting American military personnel in the crossfire between the Taliban and Afghan government with no clear definition of what constitutes “winning.” Our mission in Afghanistan,  Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), began 19 years ago, three weeks after the 9/11 Islamist attack on our nation. It concluded, in name at least, in 2014. From that time until Saturday’s peace deal, it became Operation Freedom’s Sentinel. The original objective of eradicating radical Islamic elements was clear — specifically neutralizing those that posed direct threats to the U.S. and our allies and, of strategic importance, direct threats to regional stability. But that objective, as is often the case with military operations, drifted — and the resulting mission creep evolved into peacekeeping, nation building, and democratization. Since OEF was launched, American casualties have mounted. As of today, 2,219 Americans have been killed in Afghanistan 1,833 in combat and 20,092 wounded. The cost to U.S. taxpayers totals almost $900 billion…  https://patriotpost.us/?mailing_id=4904&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pp.email.4904&utm_campaign=alexander&utm_content=header.default    

PragerU Loses to YouTube

Robin Smith  The recent case between YouTube and conservative author and talk-show host Dennis Prager’s Prager University offers another opportunity to examine the tension in defining and practicing free speech. At the heart of the lawsuit before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Prager accused the massive video-content company of censorship by designating some of PragerU’s content as restricted, which reduced its access, viewership, and revenue.

The situation’s pretty simple: Two entities — YouTube (owned by Google) and PragerU — are engaged in communications on a large scale. The former as a platform to reach millions and the latter producing conservative content hoping to reach those same millions. YouTube is the vehicle used to distribute video content; it gains profits via advertisements. PragerU publishes digital content to spread conservative messages as part of the ongoing political, cultural, and religious debate.The Ninth Circuit’s three-judge panel dismissed the suit, pointing to a Supreme Court ruling just last year noting that while the First Amendment constrains the U.S. government from censoring speech, it doesn’t apply to private entities. The argument that YouTube is operating essentially as a state actor due to massive presence as an open public forum for content, dialogue, and speech was unsuccessful since the video platform is privately owned and not a public utility or government entity.The court was right to protect both the property rights and the speech rights of the private entity, YouTube. But let’s at least look at YouTube’s selective application of the culture of free speech.This isn’t YouTube’s first time being accused of censoring conservative content. In 2017, The Daily Signal, supported by The Heritage Foundation, published a video with a reference made by a pediatrician that didn’t support LGBTQ+ indoctrination. Dr. Michelle Cretella’s commentary included this comparison: “If you want to cut off a leg or an arm, you’re mentally ill, but if you want to cut off healthy breasts or a penis, you’re transgender.” YouTube pulled this video. Ironically, the volume of transgender content is so large on YouTube that a study was conducted and published in 2017 supporting the application as an educational tool: “YouTube as Educator: A Content Analysis of Issues, Themes, and the Educational Value of Transgender-Created Online Videos.”It’s not just “gender fluidity” that’s embraced by YouTube. Last year, Newsweek featured Marc Schulman’s account as a writer who’s worked with Apple, Facebook, and Amazon on content. He recalled having his eight-minute video, entitled “The Holocaust — A Short History,” similarly labeled and restricted by YouTube. Schulman’s own HistoryCentral.com is a website devoted to the education of middle- and high-school students. Yet his educational video about the horrors of the Holocaust (already published elsewhere) was deemed inappropriate and restricted.Certainly, YouTube is a private entity. But its own screening, labeling, restricting, and blocking of content disproportionately limits the ideological and religious Right. That exposes an unfortunate reality: These private entities are so large and monopolistic in their control over certain avenues of communication that the end result is partisan censorship.The obvious bias of the content of these social-media platforms reflects the ideology of their owners and many employees. It’s quite interesting that the courts permit privately owned but essentially monopolistic entities like Google and Facebook to limit access to their services but it took the Supreme Court stepping in to permit a small bakery owned by Christians to make the same determinations about a wedding cake based on the First Amendment’s exercise of religion.  ~The Patriot Post

https://patriotpost.us/articles/68929?mailing_id=4898&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pp.email.4898&utm_campaign=snapshot&utm_content=body  

Responses

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

+