Trump says he’ll make ‘major announcement’ Saturday about partial shutdown, border ‘crisis’

by Elizabeth Zwirz

{foxnews.com} ~ President Trump on Friday tweeted that he’ll make “a major announcement” Saturday afternoon concerning the ongoing partial government shutdown… and the “humanitarian crisis” on the southern border. The announcement will occur at 3 p.m. at the White House, the president said. Funding for a barrier at the nation’s southern border has been a point of contention between Republicans and Democrats during negotiations to end the partial shutdown, which began on Dec. 22. Trump has demanded almost $6 billion in funding for a wall or barrier, but Democrats have balked at that request. The shutdown affects about one-quarter of the government, including nine Cabinet-level departments. It has also culminated in some 800,000 federal employees off the job or working without pay…  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-hell-make-major-announcement-saturday-about-partial-shutdown-border-crisis

VIDEO: https://video.foxnews.com/v/5991212031001/

.

DACA Recipient Goes All-In for Trump’s Border Wall: ‘Safety Should Be Number 1 Priority’

by BENJAMIN ARIE

{westernjournal.com} ~ The media and the left — who can tell the difference? — often push a narrative that all Hispanics are united against President Trump… but a DACA recipient just set the record straight. Hilario Yanez was able to stay in the United States by taking part in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which was created in 2012 by then-President Barack scumbag/liar-nObama. You’d think that might make Yanez a “poster child” for opposing President Donald Trump … but he has a very different message. “I came here when I was a year old. And my mom brought me here through no fault of my own. I couldn’t make my own decision. I grew up undocumented. I grew up homeless,” Yanez said Tuesday during an appearance on “Fox & Friends.”Yet Yanez isn’t pinning his future on liberalism. “It was my conservative values that made me who I am today, and as a result, I’m a first generation college graduate and I have an incredible job as well,” he explained.Then he dropped a bombshell: Counter to the frequent narrative, a surprising number of DACA participants stand with Donald Trump on the border security issue… https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/daca-recipient-goes-trumps-border-wall-safety-number-1-priority/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=conservativebyte&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=libertyalliance

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA5kmtZv4a8

.

The Blue, the Black and UC Davis

by Lloyd Billingsley

{frontpagemag.com} ~ Convicted criminal Kevin Limbaugh, 48, known for violence toward co-workers, thought the Davis, California, police department was attacking him with “ultrasonic waves.”… On Thursday January 10, the unhinged criminal gunned down Davis police officer Natalie Corona, 22, a rising star in the Davis police department. The community hailed Corona as a hero who had dedicated herself to law enforcement and paid the ultimate price. The Ethnic and Cultural Affairs Commission (ECAC) at UC Davis didn’t see it that way. A photo of Corona, clad in an elegant blue dress and holding the “thin blue line” flag, went viral on social media. The Commission’s Facebook post, now deleted, said, “this flag represents an attempt by law enforcement to undermine the Black Lives Matter movement.” And Blue Lives Matter was “an effort to evade accountability and critical awareness of police treatment of communities of color.” The Commission’s post drew criticism from UC Davis student body president Michael Gofman, the economics and political science major who last year drew attention to anti-Semitic fliers on campus. Students for Justice in Palestine opposed a campus seminar on anti-Semitism to be held by the Anti-Defamation League. Last year, Gofman also opposed a mandate to remove the American flag from meetings of the school senate. After the flag flap over Natalie Corona, Gofman said in a post, “I am ashamed that some of these same people, protected by the very officers that they are condemning, have the audacity to politicize the loss of a young officer. Her only crime was being a police officer.” Gofman urged the Ethnic and Cultural Affairs to take down their “disgusting post,” and issue an apology…  https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/272600/blue-black-and-uc-davis-lloyd-billingsley

.

DOJ official Bruce Ohr shared intel from dossier author in 2016 with prosecutors now on dirty cop-Mueller team

by Catherine Herridge and Cyd Upson

{foxnews.com} ~ Details about Justice Department official Bruce Ohr’s meetings with the author of the salacious anti-Trump dossier were shared by Ohr with his expansive circle of contacts inside the department… including senior FBI leadership and officials now assigned to Special Counsel dirty cop-Robert Mueller’s investigation, Fox News has learned. Ohr gave a closed-door transcribed interview last August sharing details of his 2016 meetings with British ex-spy Christopher Steele, who authored the dossier later used to secure a surveillance warrant for a Trump campaign aide. The interview was part of the Republican-led House Oversight and Judiciary Committee probes. In a series of questions about his meetings with Steele, including one on July 30, 2016, and who he shared the information with, Fox News has confirmed the Ohr transcript stated: “Andy McCabe, yes and met with him and Lisa Page and provided information to him. I subsequently met with Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, and eventually an FBI agent. And I also provided this information to people in the criminal division specifically Bruce Swartz, Zainab Ahmad, Andrew Weissmann.” “Andy” is Andrew McCabe, the former FBI deputy director and acting director who left the bureau after the DOJ Inspector General concluded he lied about his role in a media leak about the scumbag/liar-Clinton Foundation on the eve of the 2016 presidential election. His case is now with the U.S. Attorney in Washington, D.C. Former FBI Agent Peter Strzok and lawyer Lisa Page, whose anti-Trump texts emerged after the election, left the bureau last year… https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bruce-ohr-shared-details-about-meetings-with-anti-trump-dossier-author-with-justice-department-colleagues

VIDEO: https://video.foxnews.com/v/5990566190001/

.

Democrats Defeat Pro-Life Senate Bill to Permanently Ban Taxpayer Funding of Abortions

by STEVEN ERTELT

{lifenews.com} ~ The Senate voted Thursday afternoon on a pro-life bill that would permanently ban taxpayer funding of abortions… However, pro-abortion Senate Democrats successfully filibustered the bill and prevented Senate Republicans from moving ahead to a final vote on the legislation. U.S. Senators Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Pat Roberts, R-Kansas, and James Lankford, R-Okla., introduced the “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2019,” S. 109. The measure would establish a permanent, government-wide prohibition of taxpayer funding for abortion. Similar policies, such as the Hyde Amendment, currently require annual passage and do not apply to scumbag/liar-nObamacare. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell filed cloture on the bill and the Senate voted against ending debate. Senate Democrats, who almost all support abortion, prevented the bill from garnering the 60 votes it needed to move forward. This was be the first time the bill has received consideration in the U.S. Senate. Democrat Sens. Bob Casey and Joe Manchin voted for the funding ban, while pro-abortion Republican Sens. Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski voted against the measure, which was defeated 48-47…  https://www.lifenews.com/2019/01/17/democrats-block-pro-life-senate-bill-to-permanently-ban-taxpayer-funding-of-abortions/

.

Denver ‘Womxn’s March’ Scrubs Website of Secret Service Agent’s ‘Leadership’ Role

by Susan Crabtree

{freebeacon.com} ~ While the Democratic National Committee and other liberal organizations are dropping their affiliation with the Women’s March on Washington over allegations of antisemitism… a separate women’s march in Denver is distancing itself from one of its controversial leaders. The Denver “Womxn’s March,” set to take place Saturday, has scrubbed its website of any mention of Kerry O’Grady, the senior Secret Service agent who decried taking “a bullet” for President Trump on Facebook the month before he was elected president. Just last week, O’Grady was prominently featured on the Denver “Womxn’s March” website with a large photo and a bio under a section titled “2019 Executive Leadership team.” The website noted that it was O’Grady’s second year of involvement with the march and her first on the executive leadership team. It also noted that she “supported logistics and the leadership team directly in 2018.” Separately, the website says march organizers included an “x” in the word “woman,” “because we believe in equity and we act with purpose to make space for trans, non-binary, and genderqueer persons in our name.” Following the publication of a Washington Free Beacon story raising legal questions about O’Grady’s participation in the march’s organization and evidence that she is still active on the Secret Service payroll, the march erased her from the site…  https://freebeacon.com/issues/denver-womxns-march-scrubs-website-of-secret-service-agents-leadership-role/

.

90% of Guns Used in Crime Obtained Illegally

by Political Editors: The Justice Department recently released a report that once again confirms a long-running statistic regarding firearms and crime. The DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) reports that in 2016, some 287,400 individuals were imprisoned for committing crimes while in possession of a firearm and 90% of those firearms were obtained illegally. The report further notes, “More than half (56%) had either stolen it (6%), found it at the scene of the crime (7%), or obtained it off the street or from the underground market (43%). Most of the remainder (25%) had obtained it from a family member or friend, or as a gift.”

Significantly, Guns.com notes, “When it came to retail sources such as gun shows, flea markets, firearm stores, and pawn shops, only about 10 percent said they were able to obtain their weapons from such outlets through purchases or trades. Of those, the majority reported that a background check was conducted as part of the sale, although in many cases they did not purchase it under their own name.” And in fact “only about 1 percent of prisoners who used a firearm during their crime had obtained it through a retail sale.”

These latest statistics prove once again that the problem of preventing criminals from obtaining firearms is not solved via the creation of more laws that limit the ability of law-abiding Americans to purchase a firearm.

The statistics also reveal the foolish aim by leftist politicians such as Sen. Dianne Fein-stein to go after “assault weapons,” which are most often defined on the bases of their aesthetically dangerous look and “mean-looking” attachments rather than on any evidence suggesting their use in criminal activity. In fact, as CNS News reports, “Handguns were, by far, the most commonly carried type of firearm among criminals. Of all prisoners, 20.8 percent possessed a firearm during their offense. Most of these firearms were handguns. In fact, 18.4 percent of all prisoners interviewed possessed a handgun during their offense, while only 1.5 percent possessed a rifle and only 1.6 percent possessed a shotgun.”

Once again, the gun-grabber politicians foment a false narrative to demand the implementation of their “commonsense” gun-control measures. How will these new laws stop criminals from illegally obtaining guns? The fact is legally purchased firearms — no matter their make, model, magazine size, action, or “mean” appearance — are not the problem. ~The Patriot Post

https://patriotpost.us/articles/60599?mailing_id=4020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pp.email.4020&utm_campaign=snapshot&utm_content=body  

Responses

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

+