Note: This first appeared in Breitbart.com's Big Government.
President Barack Obama on Thursday uttered the following utterly absurd thing:
“I want to (bailout) manufacturing jobs, not just in the auto industry, but in every industry.”
Even before President Obama dramatically bumped up the auto bailout to $82 billion, we were saying that this government-funded Crony Socialism model is what he has in mind for the entire once-private sector economy. He’s just now openly asserting it.
So let’s take a look at the auto bailout nightmare mess - and marvel at what President Obama wishes to multiplicatively replicate.
- 90+% of GMs auto loans are now of the Freddie Mac-Fannie Mae-esque subprime variety - made to people the vast majority of whom GM and everyone else knows can’t pay them back.
- Even more inane, GM just spent $10.4 million to build a Chevy Volt-ville - an Obama Candy Land Potemkin village.
- And lest we forget - there was the Chevy Volt song...and dance.
- And yet Volt sales remain, as always, pathetic. Perhaps because it only gets 35 miles to a 12-hour charge, and costs twice as much as a similar-sized regular gasoline mobile.
- In fact, no company on Planet Earth - pardon me, Mother Gaia - registered in 2010 more (non-)green (non-)energy patents than GM.
And so on, and so on, and....
All of this slow-motion train wreck-litany - is President Obama’s vision for how we should from now on do all things economy.
Because for this President, "success" doesn't mean greater free market achievement - it means greater government control.