The idea here is to hit on core points most -- not necessarily all -- conservatives can agree on, without going into special interest areas or "single-issue" appeasement at all. We should be able to unify under these basic goals:
JOB 1: Get a conservative president elected who will reverse all President Obama's executive orders upon his inauguration.
Economy – short term
1. Significant reductions in federal taxes across the board.
2. Significant reductions in federal spending, across the board. 60 billion is peanuts.
3. Immediate lifting of restrictions on energy exploration and production in the United States
4. Repeal of Sarbanes/Oxley -- huge cost to businesses, no benefit to anyone
5. Repeal of Dodd/Frank -- let banks/lenders be in charge of and direct banking, not the feds
6. Repeal of Obamacare -- no explanation necessary
Economy – Long Term
1. Return to gold standard to stabilize currency values, enabling understanding of true costs
2. Diminish size of government by eliminating the following agencies:
A. Dept. of Energy
B. Dept. of Education
C. Dept. of Labor
D. Environmental Protection Agency
3. Establish congressional review committees which, along with civilian members of the regulated, will review all regulatory rules and regulations for relevance and necessity; to also review all regulatory agencies, eliminating any and all overlapping of authority and/or purview from one agency to the next.
4. Establish zero-based budgeting for all federal offices. Automatic budget increases shall be ended as well as automatic salary increases for federal employees.
5. Federal Rules for Banking shall return to those rules existing in the year 2000.
6. Establish Flat Tax on income for all citizens without exception. The tax rate shall not vary with the income of the citizen. All citizens shall be liable for taxation without regard to income. Life here is not free of charge.
Congress – short term
1. Pass a law which provides that no member of congress nor any other member or employee of the government shall be exempted from the provisions of any law of the United States.
2. Change the rules of the House and Senate which abolishes “riders” to bills. No bill may contain disparate and unrelated provisions.
3. No “continuing resolution” shall ever be passed in lieu of a budget.
4. If no conservative president is in the White House having already done so, reverse all President Obama's Executive Orders.
5. Pass legislation removing the power of "executive order" from the President. As we have seen in both the Clinton and Obama administrations, when the chief executive believes that he is above the constitution, then it's a tool for tyranny and desecration of the constitution.
Congress – long term
1. End pensions for members of congress and all federal employees with the exception of the military services. No one should be paid to not work. No one should receive value, in return for no value given, at the taxpayer’s expense. The law shall provide instead for a severance package consisting of a single payment. (where are they going to get a "pension" in the private sector?)
1. Enact law to provide for repatriation to the last country they were in prior to coming to the United States, of all persons found to be in the country illegally. Children born in this country to persons residing here illegally shall not be citizens under the law.
2. Establish a review of all border security provisions for effectiveness and diligence in implementation. Initiate impeachment proceedings for any president who will not ensure that the laws are enforced.
3. Immigration to be denied to nationals of any nation receiving financial aid from the United States or any nation on the State Department’s Warning List.
4. This country and its laws are for its citizens. Anyone else is here at our pleasure, exclusively. We have no driving need for additional population.
1. Establish a congressional committee to identify judges who have “legislated from the bench” and send them a warning to advise them that if there is another similar incident, their payment will be withheld indefinitely. There is precedent for this withholding. “Legislating from the bench” as a political partisan to achieve law which could not be achieved or passed in congress is a practice which can no longer be tolerated.
2. Pass a law prohibiting a federal judge from suspending lawfully passed legislation by any of the various states on the basis of its constitutionality. The judge may bring the case to the Supreme Court should he find it to be, in his opinion, unconstitutional, but only the Supreme Court may cause the state to suspend, revise or strike the law.
1. The federal government has nothing to add to educating the nation’s citizens which the various states cannot themselves provide and do provide. The federal government should have no role in education and its areas of involvement shall be sought out and legislation to end that involvement shall be initiated.
1. The goal of the government shall to be to ensure that our military capabilities are the best and strongest in the world. Efforts to the contrary by other political figures shall be met with the strongest resistance. The cost of being less capable than the nation attacking us would be far, far higher than the cost of being the best from the start.
1. Legislation shall be introduced to create a separate budget for the Social Security program and it shall be funded. The funds allocated to this budget shall be used for no other purpose.
2. MediCare shall be funded adequately. In addition, it is known that fraud perpetrated in the name of this program exceeds $2 billion annually. A committee shall be established to research and recommend a means of ending this crime. To total such a high amount, it must be easily done and widespread. Means of ending this fraud shall be found, as well as a means of finding and vigorously prosecuting perpetrators.
3. There shall be no “aid” program for persons seeking assistance without some work required in return for the aid. This includes welfare, food stamps, unemployment security and etc.