My advice to Republicans:
1. First decide if you truly want to win.
Now, this may seem a pointless question, but maybe you really WANT to lose? Maybe it’s easier to be nothing more than the “loyal opposition,” whose raison d'être is to offer some counterpoint to Obama and to negotiate losing deals with the Democrats?
There are clear indications that this is the c...ase, things Democrats never, ever do: Running TWO presidential candidates in a row who refuse to use Reverend Wright and other sure signs of Obama’s radicalism in their campaigns; allowing Republicans to publicly criticize or sabotage their top-of-the-ticket candidates. Remember the sandbagging of Sarah Palin, giving Katie Couric access without preparing Sarah, and those disparaging comments about her from Murphy and Noonan over an MSNBC open mike? Or that GOP Greek chorus slamming Mitt for “politicizing the Egyptian embassy attack”? Why did Mitt not bring up Benghazi in that final debate? Why is it the GOP NEVER has a message that all Repubs stick to? Why did they abandon the winning strategy of 2010 in favor of no strategy in 2012?
2. Assuming Republicans do want to win, start grooming a tough, charismatic presidential candidate NOW. Keep that person constantly before the public’s eye and constantly in Obama’s face. Does the advertising term “Brand Awareness” have a familiar ring? Oh, and puh-leeze stop with the Rubio thing; he’s nice looking and Hispanic, but boring.
3. Make sure there is a—now write this on your palms, so you’ll remember it—a REPUBLICAN MESSAGE. You know: like the Democrats always have? If Republicans actually had a message, they’d have a huge advantage, because their message would be TRUE. All Repubs repeat the message publicly whenever possible, and no Repub disagrees with it.
4. Stop viewing Democrats as your friends across the aisle; they are your opponents in a bloodless Civil War. That means: make Democrats pay a price for everything they do. Let no lie go unchallenged, no attack unanswered; no chance to criticize Dems slip away. In short, do what the Democrats have been doing all along.
5. DO NOT let the Leftist media have access to any Republican unless he or she means to respond forcefully to all slurs and unfair questions. Embarrass media figures when they show bias. Know that they are not interviewing any Republican to inform the public, they’re doing it to damage that Republican as much as possible.
6. Do as the Dems do: damage all potential political opponents. How can any Republican compliment Hillary Clinton?
7. In Heaven’s name, do you not see American power is being used to hand the Middle East over to the Muslim Brotherhood, country by country? Is there some hidden advantage to America in this? There is no Arab Spring; it’s a Western Winter. Speak up, Republicans!
Republicans, if you are not prepared to take these steps, do America a favor: make room for a serious party and retire to the dustbin of history next to the Whigs.