The Homer/Lockport Tea Party Patriots organization is an independent grassroots group of citizens whose sole purpose is to unite those individuals who believe the government has over-extended its reach and has been fiscally irresponsible through over-spending, bailouts and excessive taxation. This group is not affiliated with any political party and encourages all Americans, everywhere, who subscribe to the following principles to join us in promoting change to current government policy:
1. We uphold and adhere to the Constitution of the United Sates of America;
2. We believe in limited government;
3. We believe in individual rights;
4. We believe in balanced budgets for all levels of government;
5. We believe in fiscal responsibility and honest accountability of our tax dollars
in the hands of local, state and federal government officials;
6. We believe in taxation legislation and policies that promote individual freedom and prosperity as well as business growth and productivity;
7. We believe in instituting term limits for members of Congress; and
8. We believe in border control, prohibiting illegal immigration due to the costs associated with legal representation, education and health care that are passed on to individual American citizens in the form of excess taxation.
The Homer/Lockport Tea Party Patriots believe that to accomplish the principles above, we must educate, communicate and unite with likeminded citizens locally and throughout the state and country to select candidates for elected office who adopt and incorporate the above principles.