John Law's Bank is an uncanny image of the American banking and fiscal system in the 21st Century. Our financial "gurus" are not ingenious innovators but mere plagiarists of history's failures. John Law was a scoundrel of the highest order; a gambler, drunkard and a con-man. His genius was not in prudence and morality but in wicked deception and calculated risk.
"Quantitative easing" was HIS invention ! Creating fallacious credit markets to fuel economic growth has it's origins in this gambler's scheme. Building confidence in the currency by lying to the populous was a gambler's "bluff" that is perpetuated to this very day! When are we going to stop listening to the "experts" who have a vested interest in tyranny and oppression and begin to use the God-given strengths of the human mind to extricate ourselves from the trap of domination through ignorance?
Do you recall the common old saying: "Let George do it."? It referred to George Washington... not Bush #1 or 2.
In the Revolution, about 20% (sometimes as many as 30%) of colonists fought to be free of royal Rule and tyranny. The other 70% tried to act as if nothing was going on... sat on oblivious duffs spinning yarns of wool, cotton, and hot air. Many hollered hymns with self-righteous fervor until the smoke cleared. THEN they transformed into strutting Patriots waiving flags in annual parades... right before they ate all the chicken and sweet potato pie.
Not much has changed.
Too much of humanity is vapid, cowardly, lying, illiterate, pompous, lazy, timorous, and apathetic... generally, not much better than Beer-rack Hoozinsane Obummer or the trash who help him.
If one expects very little good out of that glorious majority, one won't be disappointed. Fixing a broken nation is a burden that always falls on the sore shoulders of a tired but caring, alert minority.