Home Forums The 2016 Presidential race The Grumpy Old Man Thinks It’s Time For Trump To Dump Or Get Off The Pot

Tagged
2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  steve blades 2 years, 10 months ago
  • MUG
    Participant
    @dmuller111aol-com

Last Friday, July 1, Donald Trump, presumptive Republican nominee, spoke at the Western Conservative Summit here in Denver. Sarah Palin gave a vintage Palin style speech to introduce Trump and she resonated with the crowd. She pretty well nailed what we all believe needs to be done and would like to believe Trump will carry out as POTUS. Trump on the other hand did not receive the rousing enthusiastic welcome from the crowd that I had expected for the man who is presumed to carry the Conservative banner this fall.

It was hard for me to stay focused on Trump’s talk. He would indicate he was going in one direction and then pause and with an “oh by the way” casualness he would talk about something else instead. He was all over the place without “closing the deal” on pretty much anything that I was eager to hear. He covered a lot of subjects but I can’t for the life of me remember anything to tell you that was memorable or “right on the money.” I keep wondering when Trump is going to unite the Party and bring the reluctant, the hesitant, the uncommitted on board.

FBI Director, James Comey, held a press conference and said the FBI had recommended that the DOJ not indict Hillary Clinton for compromising US security by sending and receiving classified emails over her private unsecured server. Most of the country is astonished, in disbelief, even Hillary supporters didn’t see how she could avoid indictment. I can’t imagine any but the depraved who would want a craven liar like Hillary, who has no intention of protecting us or maintaining our security, to be POTUS.

A while back I got an email from Trump vowing to indict Hillary for all her crimes, including the crime of sending and receiving classified emails on her personal unsecured server. Trump Vows to ‘Indict’ Hillary Clinton In light of that email I thought to myself, now is the time, Trump will step up and show leadership. He will stand up and roar, and unite not just the Party but the whole country in demanding that justice be served by indicting Hillary. He will call for us to take to the streets and demand that our laws be enforced and justice be served.

I was disappointed in Trump’s first response, a whiney “that’s not fair,” instead of a strong “this is America, we demand that our leaders be held accountable to the same laws as We the People.” Donald Trump Calls FBI’s Email Recommendation on Hillary Clinton ‘Very Unfair’ The Clinton’s had been dealing for the last few days with negative reaction to Bill Clinton meeting with Attorney General Loretta Lynch. Bill Clinton’s Meeting With Loretta Lynch Causes Stir in … And, now Hillary says as President she may keep Lynch as AG. NY Times: A President Hillary Clinton May Keep Lynch as Trump’s response “that’s a bribe,” instead of a furious vow to indict Lynch as well as Hillary. Trump accuses Hillary Clinton of offering ‘bribe’ to … And finally in response to Comey’s assertion that because of the sophistication of our enemies, they most certainly had monitored Hillary’s unsecured email transmissions and receptions, in other words our enemies are in possession of both her classified emails and her personal emails which she tried to conceal from the FBI. Trump’s response was a statement that she could be blackmailed, instead of demanding her security clearance be revoked which is standard procedure for anyone else who is subject to blackmail or has compromised national security. Revoking her security clearance would render her ineligible to serve as Secretary of State and hopefully POTUS. Trump: US Enemies Likely Have Hillary Blackmail

This is such a great time for Trump to start showing leadership. He has been showing us what a great negotiator he is. Every time I listen to him I feel like he is trying to convince me, negotiating with me, will I meet him half way? The wall is negotiable, deporting illegals is negotiable, banning Muslim immigrants from countries that support terrorism is a negotiable “suggestion.” If I could talk to him face to face I would like to say, “Mr Trump, this is your last chance to demonstrate that you are not all talk and etch-a-sketch. It’s time Mr Trump. Dump or get off the pot. Lead or get out of the way!” If he stands up and leads, he wins hands down. How could anyone mess this one up.

MUG
    Participant
    @dmuller111aol-com

Sorry, none of my links to news articles copied from the editor. If I can figure it out I will repost.

steve blades
    Participant
    @blades

mug I have found that an embedded link will not follow a copy/paste in an article and that you have to c&p the link seperate..

sad to see no one trying with the new format…lifting a finger is hard

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  steve blades.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.