Home Forums The 2016 Presidential race Donald Trumps pre-convention recap

33 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  steve blades 2 years, 8 months ago
  • steve blades
    Participant
    @blades

and of course we all know about his anti-1st amendment stance

Jake Tapper says Trump needs to CLARIFY his Obama statement if he’s gonna BAN media for reporting it

steve blades
    Participant
    @blades

steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades

and of course we need to be reminded he cheated on ALL of his wives

Faith and family are more important than money, says irreligious lecher who cheated on his wives

steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades

Cal Thomas interviewed the Trumpster recently and asked him about Jesus and forgiveness.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/oh-geez-trump/#ixzz4ECaFuRTd

Here’s what he had to say:

CT: Every president has called upon God at some point. Lincoln spoke of not being able to hold the office of the presidency without spending time on his knees. You have confessed that you are a Christian … DT: And I have also won much evangelical support. CT: Yes, I know that. You have said you never felt the need to ask for God’s forgiveness, and yet repentance for one’s sins is a precondition to salvation. I ask you the question Jesus asked of Peter: Who do you say He is? DT: I will be asking for forgiveness, but hopefully I won’t have to be asking for much forgiveness. As you know, I am Presbyterian and Protestant. I’ve had great relationships and developed even greater relationships with ministers. We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians. In the Middle East — and this is prior to the migration — you had almost no chance of coming into the United States. Christians from Syria, of which there were many, many of their heads … chopped off. If you were a Muslim from Syria, it was one of the easiest places to come in (to the U.S.). I thought that was deplorable. I’m going to treat my religion, which is Christian, with great respect and care.
    He hopes he won’t need MUCH forgiveness? Seriously, who quantifies forgiveness? Who does that?

Every Christian knows that they need all the forgiveness they can get. We all deserve Hell apart from the blood of Jesus and if God’s grace had limits, many of us would have run out a long time ago.

It’s clear Trump doesn’t have a clue as to what Christianity means. Not a clue.

And then there’s this:

CT: Who do you say Jesus is? DT: Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence. Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind.
    Ok I don’t mean to be picky here, but what in sam hill is he talking about?

How about just acknowledging that Jesus is the Son of God, that He is indeed the one true God who spoke everything into existence! How hard is that for any Christian?

Or that He’s your Savior and you’re awed that He bends his knee to hear the prayers of his weak and sinful children. Or that Jesus is everything to you and without Him there’s no hope.

I could go on, but you get the point.

Yeesh. Look, I don’t care if Trump is a Christian with regards to him being President. But I do care that he lies about it. He should just say he has a lot of respect for Christianity and leave it at that.

Don’t claim to be what you are not.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/oh-geez-trump/#ixzz4ECa4GeGC

steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades

After Saying He Forgave Loans to Campaign, Trump Won’t Release Proof

When Donald Trump said last Thursday he was forgiving over $45 million in personal loans he made to his campaign, the announcement drew plenty of coverage. Many even reported Trump’s statement as if the deal was done.

But it’s not.

At the time the story was published this morning, the FEC showed no filing from the Trump Campaign forgiving the loan. An FEC official also told NBC News this week that there was no digital or paper filing from the Trump Campaign forgiving the loan. And the campaign has repeatedly declined requests to share the legal paperwork required to execute the transaction.

In response to NBC News’ reporting, Trump himself insisted Thursday on Twitter that the move was a “done deal.”

“The very dishonest @NBCNews refuses to accept the fact that I have forgiven my $50 million loan to my campaign. Done deal!” he tweeted.

He added in another tweet: “I have self funded my winning primary campaign with an approx. $50 million loan. I have totally terminated the loan!”

But that same day, the campaign again refused to offer evidence of Trump’s claims.

Last week, campaign spokesperson Hope Hicks said Trump was submitting formal paperwork forgiving the loan on Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Reached by NBC Thursday, she said the paperwork “will be filed with the next regularly scheduled FEC report,” and declined to provide any documentation.

The delay could matter, because until Trump formally forgives the loans, he maintains the legal option to use new donations to reimburse himself. (He can do so until August, under federal law.)

Related: Trump Campaign Could Use New Donations to Pay Donald Trump $36M for Loan

In his most recent FEC filing, which posted June 20, Trump treated all his spending on the campaign as loans.

An FEC staff member tells NBC News there is no new filing changing Trump’s loans. The FEC’s candidate tracking page, which posts filings, does not show new paperwork from Trump changing his loans.

Even the remote possibility that Trump could tap new donations to pay himself fed skepticism among GOP donors, who wanted assurances that money intended for the election would not end up in Trump’s own pockets.

The Trump Campaign has struggled to pivot to fundraising after the primaries, posting only $1.2 million cash on hand. Trump’s loan announcement also comes as political fundraising experts have questioned whether he has taken to exaggerating his online fundraising, with claims that his first foray into email fundraising broke every record ever.

There is nothing new about a candidate loaning money to his own campaign, and Trump has long argued that his personal wealth makes more independent than most politicians, even if he raises money in the general election.

Ultimately, if Trump declines to release any proof for claiming he forgave the loans, the rubber will hit the road on July 20, the next FEC filing deadline.

Related: Trump Clashes with Big Business

“It would be disclosed on the campaign’s next FEC report,” says Michael Toner, former FEC Chairman.

That disclosure is pretty simple. The FEC requires the candidate file a signed a statement, and note the change in the accounting in the monthly report.

For Trump, that would mean re-categorizing the $45.7

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/after-saying-he-forgave-loans-campaign-trump-won-t-release-n601596

steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
    steve blades
    Participant
    @blades
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.