Frankincense and Myrrh /p>

There is one particular name that is now popping up among Republican insiders and the GOP establishment as the leading candidate to become the Vice Presidential nominee.

Who is it?

From Buzzfeed:

There is no doubt in the minds of Republican National Committee members that Mitt Romney will be their standard bearer in the fall, and already consensus is building behind one potential vice presidential nominee — Ohio Sen. Rob Portman.

In an informal survey of more than half of the Republican State Chairmen and national committee people at this weekend’s State Chairman meeting at a resort here, two-thirds said they believe Portman is the most-likely and best-qualified running-mate for Mitt Romney. The committee members spoke to BuzzFeed only on the condition of anonymity.

“He’s from Ohio, and we need to win Ohio, it’s that simple,” said one state chair.

Portman, a former Congressman from the Cincinnati area who was director of the Office of Management and Budget during the George W. Bush administration, was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. And the warmth Republican elites express for him stems much from a desire to avoid another risky, flamboyant pick like Sarah Palin as it does for his ability to help carry an important swing state.

“Romney needs to make a safe pick, and keep talking about the economy — and that’s Rob Portman,” said one committeewoman from the West.

Portman’s seeming inability to overshadow the vanilla Romney gives him a rare qualification — and potentially a leg up over the rest of the field.

“He’s not going to be Palin — he’s not going to be fighting to get in front of cameras, [Portman] knows his place,” he one Midwestern committeeman.

“He was born to be the guy standing next to the guy,” said another member. “He’s the type of guy who ran for vice president of his high school student council.”

You have got to be kidding?  Portman is a non-distinguished moderate.  You have to ask the question, is Romney really serious about winning the nomination?

Assuming this is true, it is classic Romney and classic GOP establishment.  They are solving for X.    Instead of the passion of patriotism and the desire to help save the nation, all this is, is simply a business problem.  It is simply a math problem.

No, there is much more than that.  Romney has not reached out to the conservative wing of the Party.  He does not seem to care.  TPN surveys have shown a quarter of conservatives say they will not vote for Romney. 

While we have not yet surveyed it, the number who will not go out and campaign fir him is going to be much higher.

Who the hell does he think is going to be the boots on the ground?  Members of the country club?

Here is a clue for Romney and the GOP establishment.  It is conservative activists who do this. 

Romney is worried about someone who will help him win Ohio?  He had better worry about the Conservatives who are not going to be out working for the campaign.

Tags: establishment, mitt, ohio, portman, president, rino, rob, romney, vice

Views: 2727

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whom would YOU suggest, Judson??  NOT MARCO RUBIO!!!-- here is he low down on Rubio:Marco Rubio plans to have his 'Republican Version' of the Dream Act Amnesty in place before college students return to school in Fall 2012! He is also traipsing about with Mitt Romney in Florida today!

Article (Please read, understand, utilize, and circulate)
Rubio Wants GOP DREAM Act AMNESTY for illegals in Place in Time for Fall College Semester
http://www.alipac.us/content/rubio-w...-semester-409/

Dream Act Amnesty Supporter Marco Rubio hits the trail with Mitt Romney
http://www.alipac.us/content/marco-r...tt-romney-414/ 

"I'm calling/writing to tell Senator Rubio that I oppose his illegal alien Amnesty plans and that I will work to make sure that his political career is ended. Accurate polls show that Americans oppose Dream Act Amnesty concepts 2 to 1 (Rasmussen Polling Oct 2007) and Senator Rubio has made a big career mistake trying to become the next John McCain and Lindsay Graham with illegal immigration issues. Dream Act Amnesty for illegal aliens will only encourage more illegal aliens and the courts will eventually allow Marco Rubio's illegal aliens voting rights, which will steal political power from millions of innocent Americans. Rubio's Dream Act Amnesty bill will cost many Americans their votes, jobs, taxpayer resources, and very lives. We need immigration enforcement not Amnesty!"

LIGHT UP THOSE PHONE LINES NOW USING THESE NUMBERS! Remember, calls are the most effective tool you have. 

Senator Marco Rubio 
DC Office
317 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington DC, 20510
Phone: 202-224-3041

Senator Marco Rubio
201 South Orange Avenue
Suite 350
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: (407) 254-2573 
toll free in Florida 1-866-630-7106

Everyone should contact the RNC and give them our thoughts on this.  If they get enought of us that call or write them maybe just maybe they may take us the people into consideration before making another stupid move.  If they continue their past decisions then we know the game they are playing with us.  Why would they select a Pres candidate against most of our comments that we could not support Romney and then select an unknown for VP - that as I read these somments sound like a very, very poor decision (not to mention that this will give Oblunder's group so much fire and material to use in commercials).  If this goes through it does not sound like we stand a chance to get this country back on track and we may end up with another king wanabee.

A. West seems like a decent guy, but, he voted against the US Citizens on the power given to Obama to arrest and detain American citizens without. . . SO NO TO WEST.

Please not Marco Rubio, he is ineligible just like Obama but people will notice that while ignoring Obama's ineligibility.

I guess the Republican establishment will never learn!!!

J Boehner & Company, the RNC all suck. I wish we had real leadership.

Norman we will have real leadership when we vote these goof offs out of office and get decent Americans in office.

Billy,

I think a third party is inevitable...just not this cycle.

I wrote and told Romney that I would make a $100.-- donation, (well it sure is big money for me) if he chooses Newt for VP. I told him they would make an excellent team, and he wouldn't have cause to be sorry.

Ronisue

While walking into Walmart this morning to buy tick drops for the cats, I asked the wife whether she would rather have a Moslem in the White House or a Morman?

She said, Morman. That's about the whole arguement, folks. (And I read all 14 pages)

Something I didn't read is anything about Hillary.  If Obama dumps Biden/ no brainer/ and picks Hillary, we will have to put up a woman also.  The short lists starts with Palin--Rice--?

Another point, I didn't read is anything about the Federal Reserve.

Social policy changes are nice, and Congress can fiddle with regulations and such, and declare a war--if we can find anyone we're not at war with.

BUT the real power to change history lies with the MONEY control.  American citizins do not have control over their MONEY.

The control lies with the Federal Reserve.  The foggy math, garnered from suppositions and slippery tongues, says, in 2007 the Fed had 1.2 trillion dollars on its balance sheet.  (Yes folks, it's a stock company like GM and Ford.)  Now it has 16.7 trillion dollars on its balance sheet.  Don't tell me impossible.  It creates money out of thin air.  People accept this money for things like real estate, inventories, everything, because in the end it's a dollar backed up by us.  And because people are crazy and want to give things away, I think.

No matter the reason, we don't have control over our MONEY.

The Federal Reserve charter is up for renewal in 2014, a 100 years after we were sold out the first time.

THAT is what's at stake.  Why do you think the spigots of the money flow are wide open.  You ain't seen nothing yet as far as money flow into an election is concerned.

Like the wife said, Morman over Moslem--the rest is idle chatter, but we love to chatter, me included.  As long as we don't forget the POINT.

Peter Sowatskey  amazon.com/kindle/greenergreen

ps  Don't forget, get ABSENTEE BALLOTS for the elderly in your circle come NOV.  

TGFD here.

Rubio is a piece of $hit. Rubio and his DREAM Act proposal will make me not vote for Romney in November if Rubio is the VP nominee.

Rubio is also a vapid coward because he's afraid that he can't carry Florida without pandering to the illegal scum. He's already popular there without pandering, so his pandering has just cost a Romney-Rubio ticket at least one vote. What a spineless clown Rubio is.

BTW, because of the turd Rubio, I'm voting for Newt Gingrich tomorrow in my state's Republican Primary. Until yesterday, I was planning to vote Romney.

That's what it was all about with rubio the INELIGIBLE...his puppet master, Bush...hoped it to be.

It was all about getting all illegals and their families, friends, and, neighbors as citizens. 

This is the RINO's choice.....GET RID OF THAT PARTY!!!!!

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

The Instant Survivalist

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service