Work From Home

The sexual harassment non-scandal is not what brought down Herman Cain’s campaign.   Cain’s campaign died in a quiet, unassuming way.  It was not even friendly fire that brought Cain down.

What was it that has brought about the end of the Cain campaign?

It was the Cain-Gingrich debate.

That was certainly not the intention.  By all accounts, Cain and Gingrich are friends.  They certainly were friendly at the debate. 

Cain’s demise was self-inflicted.

In what should have been a debate between equals, Cain constantly deferred to Gingrich.  The game ending moment came for Cain on a simple point.  Steve King asked a question about defined benefits. Cain stammered, started to say, “A defined…” then he said the words that would kill his campaign.  “You go first Newt.” 

Either Cain did not know what it was or could not explain it in front of a national audience. 

His demur left the impression that Gingrich was far smarter than Cain and could answer the questions Cain could not.

This event, a friendly event as both candidates noted, lacked a gotcha question, revealed Cain’s fundamental weakness.  Cain is very engaging and he is an incredible orator.   He is a terrible debater. 

Unfortunately in this modern era, that is a skill that every candidate must have.  Gingrich wanted a friendly debate and he got one.  But he also showed something he has demonstrated in every debate.   Gingrich is an incredible debater.  This is his greatest talent.   Gingrich has been described as the smartest man on the stage at the debates he has participated in and that has been obvious.

Herman Cain’s limitations have become obvious in a debate.  He is not comfortable in that format.   Unfortunately for Cain, if he were to be the nominee, he would be expected to do at least three debates with Obama.  With history as a guide, not only would Cain not have the friendly environment he had last night, the stage would be stacked with pro-Obama media types.

Anytime a sitting President runs for reelection, the vote is a referendum on the President.   This should be an easy vote.  If Obama did not have the mainstream media in his corner, he could expect to retire in fourteen months. 

This election will be closer than any of us want to admit.  In some ways, this could be a replay of 1980.  Americans knew they did not like Jimmy Carter but were not sure about Ronald Reagan. 

After three debates and the famous line, “Are you better now than you were four years ago,” Reagan pulled ahead and we had a great eight years.

If Herman Cain has a series of bad debates, we could see four more years of Barack Obama.  Obama is a far better debater than Cain is.  Gingrich will destroy Obama in a debate.

Unfortunately for Herman Cain, in a debate against Barack Obama, if he does not get the question, he cannot simply turn around and say, “you first Barry.”

Cain is a great guy with a bad plan.  Unfortunately he is a bad debater and Gingrich is an all-pro.    As much as I like Cain, he is not quite ready for the starting line up just yet. 

Our primary goal has got to be the defeat of Barack Obama.  That means we need our first string out there on their A-game.   Cain showed us in the debate last night that he is not the first string. 

Gingrich is.

Tags: 2012, barack, cain, campaign, debate, gingrich, herman, newt, obama

Views: 5678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I BELIEVE THAT HERMAN CAIN CAN AND WILL KICK OBAMA'S KESTER ALL THE WAY TO THE OVAL OFFICE
Right on, Doc!
Doc, *High Five*!
THANK YOU

we better get it right in 2012 everyone or there will be hell to pay from obama.

don't give that....BASTARD another Four Years Sorry! BUT HE IS ONE!  AMERICA CAN DO BETTER WITHOUT OBAMA

HERMAN CAIN I BELIEVE HAS THE SPIRIT OF AMERICA AND HE HAS THE ABILITY TO BEAT OBAMA ALL THE WAY TO THE WHITEHOUSE

Gingrich has his own baggage, but he is a much better debater than most candidates.  Cain is getting baggage thrown on top of him, but seems adamant to plow ahead. I admire his tenacity and his willingness to lash back at the supposedly angelic media, which is using textbook Alinsky tactics against him.

We Won't Let America Die

Judson,
I think you misses it! You need to do some re thinking!

Who thinks that this is going away?  Herman Cain can't get away from female allegations and he doesn't know that China has had nuclear weapons for almost 50 years.  (400+ of them, in fact)

Here is the next bombshell:

Chicago Sun-Times

Witness: Sharon Bialek hugged Herman Cain during Tea Party meeting a month ago

Updated: November 8, 2011 12:14PM

The Cain Encounter ...

They hugged each other backstage in a full embrace like old friends.

She grabbed his arm and whispered in his left ear.

She kept talking as he bent to listen, and he kept saying “Uh, huh. Uh, huh.”

Huh?

“I don’t know if what she was giving him was a sucker punch, but he didn’t put his arm down while she was talking to him,” said the Sneed source.

◆The “he”... is GOP presidential contender Herman Cain, who has been accused of sexual harassment by several women.

◆The “she”... is Chicagoan Sharon Bialek, who held a news conference Tuesday as the only woman to PUBLICLY accuse Cain of sexual harassment.

◆The Sneed source ... is WIND radio co-host Amy Jacobson, who tells Sneed she witnessed the Cain/Bialek encounter a month ago while backstage at the AM 560 WIND sponsored TeaCon meeting in Schaumburg Sept. 30-Oct. 1 at the Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center.

◆Quoth Jacobson: “I had turned on TV to find out who was Cain’s accuser, and I almost fell over when I saw it was Sharon Bialek accusing Cain of groping her genitals.”

“I was waiting for Herman Cain’s ‘Accuser No. 4’ to surface — and up pops Sharon!”

“I couldn’t believe it. I was shocked.”

“I recall Sharon was hell bent on going backstage at the TeaCon convention — where she cornered him,” said Jacobson.

“I was surprised to hear she claims she did not know Cain was going to be there. Cain was expected and was late.”

Bialek told the media on Monday: “I went up to him and asked him if he remembered me. I wanted to see if he would be man enough to own up to what he had done 14 years ago.”

◆The encounter: “It looked sort of flirtatious,” said Jacobson. “I mean they were hugging. But she could have been giving him the kiss of death for all I know. I had no idea what they were talking about, but she was inches from his ear.”

◆The introduction: “It all began when I took a convention break and joined my pals at the hotel bar. Sharon was drinking Mimosas with them. She said she was a Republican, a Tea Party member, had once dated [White Sox sports announcer’ Steve Stone] and had worked at WGN radio.”

◆The rendezvous: Sharon also said she was anxious to meet Cain again and had once gone to an afterparty with him and her boyfriend years ago. But she never mentioned he had sexually harassed her.”

◆The upshot: Bialek has since applied for employment in sales at WIND radio and is scheduled for a second interview Thursday.

So it goes.

Gary

The more I see Newt, the more I like Newt.  I hope more people start looking at him as a serious candidate.

I commend Herman Cain for standing strong against the Democratic Party who has yet again proven that they are the real racists in the room.

Progressives have, for decades, successfully implemented abhorrent schemes such as the nasty allegations leveled against Herman Cain to ensure that Americans remain separate and divided while further solidifying their power structure.

As Americans, we must deliver a message to Progressives that the American people will no longer cower in fear of being targeted, victimized and forced to defend their reprehensible assertions.

Be assured that it is the goal of Progressives to destroy Herman Cain even if it

means taking him down by destroying his family.

It is the Progressive agenda, as well as that of many on the right who want to continue business as usual in Washington D.C., to obliterate this American to the point of no return.

The high-tech lynching of Herman Cain must end NOW along with the urge to manipulate and guide Americans to a candidate chosen by forces behind the scene.

This American will not be manipulated and guided where she chooses not to go.

Take a stand America and never forget that the truth has no agenda.

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

The Instant Survivalist

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service