Work From Home

Romney won Florida last night.  That was not a big surprise.  He outspent Newt Gingrich 6-1.

The Republican establishment is already declaring Romney the nominee.  The race is far from over but does the establishment realize the consequences of their actions?

What does a Romney nomination mean?

It means the death of the Republican Party and certain loss the Republican Party.

Many Tea Party activists are going to walk from the Party if Romney is the nominee.

From Ricochet.com:

The Tea Party is a collection of people who felt compelled to transition from citizens to activists in favor of limited government and fiscal restraint. Many sacrifice time away from family, work, and life in a desperate attempt to save the nation they love, from their perspective. My concern is that the Tea Party will recoil from supporting a Republican Party that is headed by John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, and Mitt Romney.

I spoke with one such Tea Partier, Rebecca from Florida, over the weekend. She's a retired detective turned young stay-at-home mom, who labels herself a "generic Tea Partier." What she had to say was fascinating and illuminating, and it should concern just about every smart Republican. She was gracious enough to let me publicize her thoughts here at Ricochet.

"I don't trust him, and I don't think he can win. He is utterly unaware of how offensive his disconnect with the average American is. He drops $10K bets like it's nothing. He thinks $342,000 isn't very much to make in a year," Rebecca said. "I don't begrudge him his wealth - he worked for it and earned it and that is admirable. But I hate his lack of awareness of how super-wealthy he is. His flip-flops are legendary."

"Oh, and he invented Obamacare."

"I see a Romney nomination causing Tea Partiers like me to tune out. We are already disheartened by the congressional leadership. Romney will be the final nail in the coffin. He is completely uninspiring, and is everything we have been working so hard to defeat within the GOP," Rebecca said. "Don't even get me started on that Bain Capital picture. Ugh. There is no way he can win. And I don't want to have to defend him while he tries."

"What is the point in becoming educated on candidates and politics, arguing with my friends, taking the time away from my family - to end up with the guy McCain can't even look in the eye. Why bother?" Rebecca says. "Obviously the "establishment" has already decided it's Romney's turn, and to hell with what we want. I feel like I'm being patted on the head and told "Now go vote for Romney like a good little girl. We know what's best."... I don't even do that to my 3-year-old. It's insulting. It doesn't make me want to campaign for him."

"It honestly makes me want to skip the election, but Obama scares me too much to do that. I do think a Romney presidency will hurt the GOP brand though, and make it hard for a real conservative to have a shot," Rebecca said.

For every Republican who whines with the “Romney is electable” mantra, this should be required reading.

Romney is not electable because he is not going to have the base with him.  Obama will have his base, but conservatives are ready to walk if Romney is the nominee. 

More importantly for the Republican Party, if the Tea Party tunes out, members will look for something else.  The Tea Party rallies were so huge in 2009 because citizens had no other choice.   If the citizens are given a choice between two liberals in 2012, the Tea Party will start looking for an alternative.

There are alternatives out there and that does not even consider the possibility Tea Party members might create a new alternative.

The Party is rushing headlong to the same mistake it has made repeatedly over the years, trying to crush the conservative and give us the establishment liberal.

This time, all it means is a slow motion suicide for the Republican Party.

Tags: mitt, party, republican, romney, suicide, tea

Views: 1783

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're right!  It's time for the people of the true Conservative Pro-Constitution to create the Constitutional Party.

Already been created.  They have no money, they have a hard time getting on ballots, and so far, haven't provided one elected official.  So much for 3rd party ideas.

If there is nothing to be done, there is no point in talking any further; we can just sit back and read the funnies.  If somebody else failed at something, that means it can't be done??  First point is, and most important, "they have no money".  OK, so get the money.  Second, unstated point:  they couldn't get organized enough to get somebody to run.  We have several people who can run, starting with Newt and Santorum, and you name some others.  These guys can't raise money?  How about 40 million grassroots folks called collectively, the Tea Party?  One dollar apiece ought to get something going.  No?  Yes?  But it takes concentration and determination.

There is ONE thing I am sure about!  If Romney is the Republican Candidate, I will quit the Republican Party.  Even if Romney wins the election. 

That two of us, well really, I already quit the republican party, I go to their meetings to see what idiots do. 

Can someone please tell me why the Florida Tea Party came out for Romney? That's a betrayal worse then the Republican one, IMO.

"Although two out of three GOP voters who went to the polls on Tuesday said they supported the Tea Party, Gingrich failed to win a significant advantage with those voters over Romney, exit polls showed.

Some 40 percent of the voters who said they supported the Tea Party voted for Romney, while 38 percent backed Gingrich, the exit polls showed."

Alot of tea partiers see Gringrich and Romney as inconsistent conservatives. Myself included and are backing the most electable of the acceptable which is Romney. Think

Personally it would be suicidal for tea party folks to jump off the boat and attempt to create a 3rd party.  Partially because only a fraction of grassroots conservatives would join such a mission, partially because the tea party isn't big enough to make that big of a difference, and partially because the only viable option for those of us is working to reform the tea party.

Lastly, Romney, Gingrich and Santorum are not that far apart on the issues, any one of them would do well as President, especially over Obama.  But to suggest jumping ship and not supporting Romney is to help Obama.  Obama is a cancer to our way of life in America and cannot have another 4 years.

It ain't over 'til it's over. I did my part with my Florida vote for Newt. But, up next, are a bunch of rather solid conservative and southern states. Winner takes all in Florida, for this year, means winner takes half. So now is not the time to give up. Newt's not giving up. Why all the "end of the world" stuff here now?

I am an Independent and last nights results are disheartening.  Once again it seems we are going to be given the same choice between a candidate we dislike and  Obama.  The fact that so many Floridians believed him goes to show people can be fooled all of the time.  He said he would repeal Obamacare, yet in one of his speaches he proposed to cut defense spending and use the money to pay for Obamacare.  He rode the horse of Gengrich's suppossedly bring "forced to resign in disgrace" even when the facts showed the opposite it continuedd the lie.. 

To me it appears that there is a danger of replacing one liar for another and I do not believe Romney will be able to defeat Obama. Either way, we lose.   

If you're an Independent you can't even vote for a GOP candidate in many states. Florida is one of those states with a closed primary. I don't understand your complaint if that's the case. You're registered for a party who can't win anyway, right?

I am an independent in thought only.  As a registered republican, I do not agree with their blanket of Romney.  My vote is based on the candidates credentials, how he voted, what bills he sponsored/cosponsered, and his actions vs his speedhes.  For instance:  Romney stated dluring a debate that he would repeal Obamacare, yet later in a speech in Florida noted he would use cuts to pay for Obamacare. Gengrich came up with a plan for dealing with illegal immigrants that while I did not support all points, I felt his plan was better thought out than Romneys "self-deportation" idea.  Romney protrays himself as a successful businessman and an outsider, yet that does not prevent him from using the insider tactics of defaming his opposition to win(the hardened buisnessman's weapon).  He claims all his investments are in a blind trust, but what person does not check on the status of these investments. Gengrich claims to be a consultant/historian to Fannie and Freddie and has presented the contract for confirmation.  Romney continues to claim Gengrich was forced to resign 'in disgrace" over the ethics charges against him, even though those charges were later proven to be baseless. 

These are the things I look at before I vote and that is what makes me an independent.

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

Sherry A. Phillips

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service