Work From Home

Romney won Florida last night.  That was not a big surprise.  He outspent Newt Gingrich 6-1.

The Republican establishment is already declaring Romney the nominee.  The race is far from over but does the establishment realize the consequences of their actions?

What does a Romney nomination mean?

It means the death of the Republican Party and certain loss the Republican Party.

Many Tea Party activists are going to walk from the Party if Romney is the nominee.

From Ricochet.com:

The Tea Party is a collection of people who felt compelled to transition from citizens to activists in favor of limited government and fiscal restraint. Many sacrifice time away from family, work, and life in a desperate attempt to save the nation they love, from their perspective. My concern is that the Tea Party will recoil from supporting a Republican Party that is headed by John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, and Mitt Romney.

I spoke with one such Tea Partier, Rebecca from Florida, over the weekend. She's a retired detective turned young stay-at-home mom, who labels herself a "generic Tea Partier." What she had to say was fascinating and illuminating, and it should concern just about every smart Republican. She was gracious enough to let me publicize her thoughts here at Ricochet.

"I don't trust him, and I don't think he can win. He is utterly unaware of how offensive his disconnect with the average American is. He drops $10K bets like it's nothing. He thinks $342,000 isn't very much to make in a year," Rebecca said. "I don't begrudge him his wealth - he worked for it and earned it and that is admirable. But I hate his lack of awareness of how super-wealthy he is. His flip-flops are legendary."

"Oh, and he invented Obamacare."

"I see a Romney nomination causing Tea Partiers like me to tune out. We are already disheartened by the congressional leadership. Romney will be the final nail in the coffin. He is completely uninspiring, and is everything we have been working so hard to defeat within the GOP," Rebecca said. "Don't even get me started on that Bain Capital picture. Ugh. There is no way he can win. And I don't want to have to defend him while he tries."

"What is the point in becoming educated on candidates and politics, arguing with my friends, taking the time away from my family - to end up with the guy McCain can't even look in the eye. Why bother?" Rebecca says. "Obviously the "establishment" has already decided it's Romney's turn, and to hell with what we want. I feel like I'm being patted on the head and told "Now go vote for Romney like a good little girl. We know what's best."... I don't even do that to my 3-year-old. It's insulting. It doesn't make me want to campaign for him."

"It honestly makes me want to skip the election, but Obama scares me too much to do that. I do think a Romney presidency will hurt the GOP brand though, and make it hard for a real conservative to have a shot," Rebecca said.

For every Republican who whines with the “Romney is electable” mantra, this should be required reading.

Romney is not electable because he is not going to have the base with him.  Obama will have his base, but conservatives are ready to walk if Romney is the nominee. 

More importantly for the Republican Party, if the Tea Party tunes out, members will look for something else.  The Tea Party rallies were so huge in 2009 because citizens had no other choice.   If the citizens are given a choice between two liberals in 2012, the Tea Party will start looking for an alternative.

There are alternatives out there and that does not even consider the possibility Tea Party members might create a new alternative.

The Party is rushing headlong to the same mistake it has made repeatedly over the years, trying to crush the conservative and give us the establishment liberal.

This time, all it means is a slow motion suicide for the Republican Party.

Tags: mitt, party, republican, romney, suicide, tea

Views: 1783

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At last common sense is stated in just a few words.  Obozo the clown cannot be re-elect REGARDLESS of who is the Republican candidate. 

Then the actions begin to remake, break, or start anew, a party of the CONSTITUTION.  I urge everyone to get hold of a modern day English version of the Federalist Papers and study them.  Any new party, or remade old one, needs to begin with that foundation. 

Add the idea (a la Ron Paul)  to repeal the 16th amendment and outlaw direct Federal Government taxation of all citizens and businesses.  The states should do all the taxing.  Then the states would fund the federal authority to do its limited functions as prescribed in the Federalist Papers.  Without the shift of taxes to the states, the power will remain in the federal authority. 

Add the balanced budget amendment and force the federal government back to the states for all funding.  Retiring the existing debt would be done using the authority of the state control of how that is accomplished.

Ron

Personally, I have given up on them already. I got one of those Give me money calls from the GOP. I AGAIN told them, you will not get a penny from me untill you all LET US decide who is going to be president. You people have to STOP telling us that we want Romney and he SUCKS! We all know it. Therefor you all get NOTHING from me. Become the Tea Party and that $300.00 a month that I used to send you..will continue. THIS IS NOT WHAT I SUPPORTED THEM FOR!

George Soros likes Romney, that's enough for me.  Sadly, there are a lot of people out there that don't even know Soros, which is shameful in it's self.  I live in Florida and I voted for Newt. 

Thank you, Maureen.

Maureen:

There is so much "deceitfulness" coming out of Washington through the news media......I CERTAINLY CAN'T TELL THE ONES WEARING THE WHITE HATS AND THOSE WEARING THE BLACK HATS ! 

The only thing we can do....is FOCUS on the HOUSE and SENATE!! GO TEA PARTY!! NOW can we start a third party? It's time we take out the "GOP" No more white flags of surrender! No more bowing to the liberals. TIME TO TAKE AMERICA BACK from these forginers!

The new battle cry...the blue coats are coming, the blue coats are coming!! ;)

Two friends asked me yesterday who I voted for and said, "Newt".   Even though they were Republicans they wanted Newt, but, for Romney and I asked them why?   Because they felt Newt would lose in the national elections.   I asked them where they arrived at that assumption and they said from the news.     I told them it was pure propaganda and that is exactly what they want you to do.  Romney is to the left of Obama, so what is the difference?   

As for me, if Newt does not win the nomination, then I am not voting for the Presidency!  I will vote for conservative Congressional leaders, but, not the Presidency.  Also, I am very surprised at Rubio for sticking up on behalf of Romney.   It has lowered my opinion of him about 50 notches.

Right with you Jim! That's what we need to do. Then all of those that have YET to figure out what Romney is...will be ashamed of themselves and we can laugh! lol ;)

Jim Newton - yes, I was surprised at Rubio at first.  He first endorsed Romney b/c, he said, Romney was among the first to support him when he ran for Senate.  So . . . . he makes serious political moves based on the old boys' "pay back" rule.  Doesn't think independently.  Second, he voted for the NDAA and then clumsily back-tracked and tried to explain why.  Same with SOPA.  Thirdly, I don't know how the tea party can talk about Rubio as a viable Vice Presidential nominee.  He is not a natural-born citizen.  It would completely discredit the tea party that has been demonstrating for 3 years that Obama is ineligible -- on the very same grounds that Rubio is ineligible:  He was not born to American citizens.

Oh, and Rubio came out with an announcement last night, before the full returns were reported on TV, that whoever wins Florida WILL be the nominee.  

Rubio still has a lot of growing up to do, and there needs to be a ruling overturning previous court definitions of "natural-born" before this young man can even remotely be considered in line for the position of commander-in-chief.

How do we relay the message to congress that they are making the biggest mistake ever and selling out the country?  eMail our representatives?  Threaten them? Tell them how disgusted we are with them not willing to represent We The People who put them there in the first place?  And with all this bad money thrown into the elections now how do decent people get elected or even step to the plate to try.  Our mayor comes from money and was also able to outspend her opponent and lie about her liberal record which is now costing the residents money.  And in her victory speech she said, "That just shows that the people repudiated partisan politics" meaning "you can't go after me on my record!"  It's extremely frustrating.  And now we have well known and once loved voices like Ann Coulter and FOX playing right into the game.  It's despicable and pathetic!

I think we are going to see a new party form called the Conservative Party.  Somehow we will figure out how to get around this and save our country.  Until then we have to keep praying and putting God in control.

They don't care.

So right, Deb in Texas.  I think we have to keep praying, putting God in control, and form a TPN caucus to determine what action steps can be taken.

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

Whole Body Research

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service