Work From Home

Romney won Florida last night.  That was not a big surprise.  He outspent Newt Gingrich 6-1.

The Republican establishment is already declaring Romney the nominee.  The race is far from over but does the establishment realize the consequences of their actions?

What does a Romney nomination mean?

It means the death of the Republican Party and certain loss the Republican Party.

Many Tea Party activists are going to walk from the Party if Romney is the nominee.

From Ricochet.com:

The Tea Party is a collection of people who felt compelled to transition from citizens to activists in favor of limited government and fiscal restraint. Many sacrifice time away from family, work, and life in a desperate attempt to save the nation they love, from their perspective. My concern is that the Tea Party will recoil from supporting a Republican Party that is headed by John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, and Mitt Romney.

I spoke with one such Tea Partier, Rebecca from Florida, over the weekend. She's a retired detective turned young stay-at-home mom, who labels herself a "generic Tea Partier." What she had to say was fascinating and illuminating, and it should concern just about every smart Republican. She was gracious enough to let me publicize her thoughts here at Ricochet.

"I don't trust him, and I don't think he can win. He is utterly unaware of how offensive his disconnect with the average American is. He drops $10K bets like it's nothing. He thinks $342,000 isn't very much to make in a year," Rebecca said. "I don't begrudge him his wealth - he worked for it and earned it and that is admirable. But I hate his lack of awareness of how super-wealthy he is. His flip-flops are legendary."

"Oh, and he invented Obamacare."

"I see a Romney nomination causing Tea Partiers like me to tune out. We are already disheartened by the congressional leadership. Romney will be the final nail in the coffin. He is completely uninspiring, and is everything we have been working so hard to defeat within the GOP," Rebecca said. "Don't even get me started on that Bain Capital picture. Ugh. There is no way he can win. And I don't want to have to defend him while he tries."

"What is the point in becoming educated on candidates and politics, arguing with my friends, taking the time away from my family - to end up with the guy McCain can't even look in the eye. Why bother?" Rebecca says. "Obviously the "establishment" has already decided it's Romney's turn, and to hell with what we want. I feel like I'm being patted on the head and told "Now go vote for Romney like a good little girl. We know what's best."... I don't even do that to my 3-year-old. It's insulting. It doesn't make me want to campaign for him."

"It honestly makes me want to skip the election, but Obama scares me too much to do that. I do think a Romney presidency will hurt the GOP brand though, and make it hard for a real conservative to have a shot," Rebecca said.

For every Republican who whines with the “Romney is electable” mantra, this should be required reading.

Romney is not electable because he is not going to have the base with him.  Obama will have his base, but conservatives are ready to walk if Romney is the nominee. 

More importantly for the Republican Party, if the Tea Party tunes out, members will look for something else.  The Tea Party rallies were so huge in 2009 because citizens had no other choice.   If the citizens are given a choice between two liberals in 2012, the Tea Party will start looking for an alternative.

There are alternatives out there and that does not even consider the possibility Tea Party members might create a new alternative.

The Party is rushing headlong to the same mistake it has made repeatedly over the years, trying to crush the conservative and give us the establishment liberal.

This time, all it means is a slow motion suicide for the Republican Party.

Tags: mitt, party, republican, romney, suicide, tea

Views: 1783

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Newt knows how to handle "The National Republican Committee & The National Democratic Committee". he know how to "dismantle these two POWER BROKERS THAT INTERFERE WITH THE GOVERMENTAL PROCESSby use of PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS (REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRATIC PARTY).

THE POWER BROKERS ARE VERY AFRAID AND INTIMIDATED BY NEWT AND HIS ABILITY TO INFLUENCE OTHERS.

ROMNEY WILL LEAVE THEM ALONE AND QUITE FRANKLY LET THWM HAVE THEIR WAY, IF THEY WILL LET HIM HAVE HIS.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A BUMPY RIDE BUT WE MUST TAKE IT !

Ron

After the 2012 election the Republican party is going to have an expected demise.

Start a new party and you split the votes and a lefty gets in every time. So Romney is a rich man-90% of the Washington crowd are millionaires and some of them didn't earn it as Romney did by investing, using their brains and making  sucesses of their ventures they made it by crony capitalism, corruption and selling their souls to the highest bidder.

I am tired of hearing tea party people condemn Romney but praise Gingrich who has spent his whole life in Washington and has  written books. He is a knowledgeable man but has flaws such as cheating on wives and he supporting the creation of the Dept of Education under Carter that opened up our schools for a union and left wing takeover and ruined our educational system. Even though his campaign coffers have been quite low he has spent $133,000 on chartered flights,  paid Newt. Inc $37,000 for mailing lists and has paid himself $253,000. I get the impression he is not a good money manager and this country so far in debt we need a cool head to start making headway on our problems.

Obama  with his Alinsky playbook and his Chicago mobster friends have got to go while there is still something left of America. I would have wished for a better candidate but Romney is the only one who has a ghost of a chance of ridding the White House of these people. To say that you will act in such a way as to leave this bunch running the country is insane.,

Amen Jean my thoughts exactly totally "insane".

The Tea Party would be making a terrible mistake if they don't vote for the Republican candidate regardless of who it is. The alternative is 4 more years of Obama and that means the end of our country as we know it.  The important thing is to get the House and Senate who will pressure any Republican president to pass the bills to correct Obama's mess.

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

Sherry A. Phillips

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service