The ongoing debate about Sarah Palin continues. Will she run or won’t she? As someone pointed out, it’s like Groundhog Day.
There are a lot of people, including some on Tea Party Nation, that really want Sarah Palin to run. But it now grows late in the day and it is increasingly looking like Sarah Palin won’t run.
Palin has made no statement on the subject other that she would announce by the end of September. Time is running out as the deadlines for filing to get on the ballot in crucial states are coming up with some as early as October.
This brings us back to the will she or won’t she question. In the law, there are two types of evidence: direct and circumstantial. Direct is evidence that speaks to a fact. Circumstantial evidence is facts that lead to a conclusion.
Palin has only given us circumstantial evidence to go on here, but what is there suggests that there will be no Palin run in 2012.
First, Palin has taken no steps to create a campaign structure. The main reason campaigns are run the way they are is because professionals know what it takes to win. Running a Presidential Campaign is running a multi-million dollar venture. For the nominee, that is hundreds of millions of dollars. You need fundraisers, pollsters, campaign directors and hundreds of others to make it work.
In order to get that kind of money, it has to be raised. Palin has not set up an exploratory committee or any other type of Presidential fundraising device. Nor has she lined up large fundraisers to her cause. Most of them have been spoken for at this point.
Some of the Palin supporters like to tell us she is going to run an unconventional campaign. You can only be unconventional to a point. You can have an unconventional airplane but if it doesn’t have two wings and an engine, it isn’t getting off the ground. Some have speculated that Palin would wage primarily a media campaign. That still costs money. So far, all she has done is raise money for SarahPac and that money cannot be transferred to a Presidential campaign.
Finally, there is Palin herself. She shows little interest in running.
She was on Fox News last night and did not sound like she was that interested in running, especially her statement about not needing a title.
Here is the video.
One way or another, the Palin watch will be over soon. She has promised an announcement by the end of September. That is only a couple of days away.
In order to win, a candidate that has the qualifications and the intellect needs to run, she is neither.
What planet do you come from?
She is much smarter and quicker than most of the ones in the primary now!
1. Democrats forget when Palin was the darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republicans' "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in state housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.
2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "Don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of state requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the state vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her state-provided security force (never mentioning -- I imagine -- that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.
4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to get-ting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it, although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the courthouse.Alaska won again.
6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a coverup. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.
The above was written in an Alaska paper by a fisherman. So Di, why doesn't she qualify?