Work From Home

Going Galt has a nice ring to it.  Most people do not know what going Galt really means.  Like so many expressions we have today, it can mean any number of things.

How about a going Galt strategy that will generate results?  What does going Galt mean and how would the strategy work?

Going Galt is generally meant that those of us who are producers in society simply refuse to produce any more.  Without producers, the economy will collapse.  After all, without the producers, who is going to make what the takers want?

Going Galt is actually something the left would like.  After all, the goal of Obama and the hard left is not simply to rule but to fundamentally change America.  A crisis like that would give them the chance.

So what do we do?

How about selectively going Galt?

Selectively going Galt means that we the producers selectively choose how we will participate in the economy.

How do we selectively participate in the economy?

We start making conscious decisions to use our money to help those who believe in our cause of liberty and freedom and do not use our money to support those who believe in statism, the Party of Treason and Obama.

Is this a boycott?

No. Boycotts are almost impossible to execute and fail 99% of the time. 

This is redirecting our resources to help achieve our goals.

We need to start looking at companies that support our goals of freedom and liberty and support those stores.  For example, if you want to go out to dinner, the parent company of Outback Steakhouses has contributed quite a bit to the Republican Party.  Papa John’s Pizza has been out front in fighting Obamacare.  Other companies that are supportive of conservative causes include Victoria’s Secret (who would have thought that?), Lowes, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot and BP.

Companies that support the far left, the Party of Treason and Barack Obama include, Rite aid, Costco, J Crew, American Sugar Crystal, Comcast, Apple Computer, and General Electric.  How could we forget that GE has given us MSNBC and GE’s CEO Jeff Immelt is a huge Obama supporter?

Why should we continue to reward those who are using the money we give them to fight us on issues of freedom and liberty?

As we enter the fourth year of the Great Obama Depression, the net worth of average Americans is plummeting.  Barack Obama is determined to push us off the fiscal cliff and if possible totally destroy the American economy.

Why should we give those who have aided and abetted him a pass?

I am starting this process in my own life.  I am going at least partially Galt.

Coming out in the next few days is the movie “The Hobbit.”   I read Tolkien when I was a teenager and loved it back then.  I am not going to go see that movie.  The next installment of “Star Trek” is coming out in the spring.  When I was younger, I was a huge Star Trek fan.   J.J. Abrams, who is the producer of the new Star Trek movies, was a huge contributor and supporter of Obama and the Democrats.  I won’t be going to that movie.

My Apple laptop is starting to show its age.  In January, I am going to replace it.  Apple gave 92% of its contributions to the Party of Treason.  Microsoft only gave 53% to the Party of Treason.  Dell Computers gave 72% of its contributions to Republicans.   My new computer will be a Dell.

Next year, we will be adding a new driver in our family.  My preference for a very long time has been to buy used cars.   After all, if your car drops 30% if value the moment you drive it off the showroom floor, have you really made a great choice?

If for some reason we choose to either buy or lease a new car next year, it is going to be either a Ford, which gave 61% to Republicans or it will be a Nissan, a Toyota or a Honda which is made at a non-union plant. 

Going Galt, at least towards those who support Barack Obama is not a perfect answer.  There are some times we will make our shopping choices based on a lack of choice or even a lack of information.  

That’s fine. 

We need to start. 

We need to support those who support liberty and refuse to support those who make it obvious they do not support liberty. 

With Christmas coming up, now is the perfect time.

Merry Christmas and let’s go Galt!

Like us on Facebook!

Tags: BP, computers, dell, depot, galt, going, home, john's, lowes, outback, More…papa, target, walmart

Views: 4843

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been doing what this article suggests for a number of years now. But sometimes, I can't avoid dealing with certain companies, when their competitors don't offer a viable choice.

When it comes time to replace my Avalanche, I'll be buying a Ford, since they are the company that didn't take government money. But when my Mac needs to be replaced, I won't have a choice. I'll have to buy another Mac, since, in my business, I can't afford all the down-time, crashes, viruses and general frustration that goes with a PC. I don't like having to buy a Mac from a company like Apple. But after finally weening myself of PCs, I have become many far more productive. I just can't afford to go back to the dark ages. Similarly, while I avoid Home Depot, due to their support of the radical homosexual agenda, there are occasions when I just can't find the product that I want at Lowes or Ace. But fortunately, those cases are rare.

Everyone needs to decide who they are not willing to deal with, what they are not willing to give up and what exceptions they will make for those things that they can't give up. For every person, there will be a different set of decision factors. But as Judson suggests, if we all try our best not to deal with companies that support the liberal agenda, it will go a long way toward sending a message to those irresponsible companies.

But I fear that it may be too late for this to help, since many of those with the really big bucks have a different definition of "Going Galt" and they're executing their definition in large numbers. They're leaving. But unlike John Galt and his fellows, they aren't disappearing into some remote valley in the USA. Rather, they're fleeing the USA for more success-friendly jurisdictions, at by far the highest rate in history.

Since Obama was first elected, formal renunciations have increased almost 8-fold, to a record that is more than double the highest level of formal expatriations before he took office. Furthermore, He inherited the lowest expatriation rate recorded since they began keeping such records and that was the second record low in three years. In other words, it was trending down, before Obama. But now, the wealthy are Going Galt, by going offshore. They've paid far more than their share, for many decades and now they're being demonized for not paying enough. Is it any wonder why they're leaving?

But here's the rub. While formal expatriations are really rather small numbers, informal expatriations - the drop-outs - comprise millions of Americans. According to seven Zogby International studies "by a modest estimate" more than 3 million Americans "relocate" offshore every year. But those studies were concluded in 2008, when formal expatriations were at an all-time low. Where are those numbers today, after almost four years of Obama.

The only way that I can see to reverse this trend is for conservatives to stand up to Obama and block him at every left turn and then push to cut taxes or pass the FairTax. Such a change would certainly help keep more of the wealthy from leaving and if we were to manage to pass the FairTax, it would certainly turn that out-flow of wealth around, since a sales tax would take away the government's ability to punish success.

Watch for more on this, beginning later this month, on Tea Party Insights TV TeaPartyInsights.com

So you're saying we should support Communism if our computers aren't perfect?

The question is NOT "Who is John Galt?" but at this point in time it's "Where is John Galt?"

Message to Michelle Obama; "For the 1st time in my life, I'm embarrassed to be an American due because of you, your husband and the idiot leeches who voted for him!"

I always believed that liberalism was a mental disorder, but now I think it has spread to the TP members.

What sane person would pattern their actions and lives after a fictional character?

Really? Galt? Why not pattern our actions after successful people? Like the founding fathers,

The TP has sunk to stupidity.

Hey why not imitate Poppye, or Superman?

Why not pattern our actions after successful people? Like the founding fathers

Are you ready to do what they founding fathers would have done decades ago?

Thomas: YES! YES! YES!  How about you?

You should read some of my replies.

Thomas: I went to your TP page and read some of your replies. I don't have the time to read all 2546 of them and I did not see any blog posts, but I did read several of the replies. Now go to this TP page

http://teapartypatriots.ning.com/profiles/blog/list?user=3denb33nwofib

I got banded from the TPP site for quoting Patrick Henry or was it Thomas Jefferson.

Even if some TP members lose sight of their compass, you cannot redefine what the TEA party really is.  Once again, it is taxed enough already, and largely means less government.

This is not just about less government on purely financial matters because of the word tax being in it, but it is also about any other social matters that are funded by those same tax dollars.  Many social programs and laws are implemented with the funds but are based on some kind of weird idea that government fixes things.  HA!

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

Whole Body Research

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service