Work From Home

Count Me In

Mitt Romney’s campaign manager did not simply make a gaffe when he said the campaign would reset, like an etch a sketch.  He hit a meme that defines Romney.   Romney will erase anything he has said in the past as long as it will get him votes today.

While Romney has been all for drilling and lowering prices as a candidate, what he did as governor was far different.

From TNR.COM:

He is calling for Obama to fire his Energy secretary, EPA administrator, and Interior secretary, saying they are to blame for high prices at the pump. “No question in my mind that these—I call them the gas-hike trio—that those three are on a mission to drive up the price of gasoline and all energy so that they can finally get their solar and their wind to be more price-competitive. That’s what they want to do,” Romney said on Monday.

Curiously overlooked, though, is just what a shift this rhetoric is from the approach that Romney took on the issue of gas prices while governor of Massachusetts. Befitting his profile as a moderate Republican who cared about the environment, Governor Romney responded to price spikes by describing them as the natural result of global market pressures and by calling for increases in fuel efficiency—the same approach that he now derides Obama for taking as president.

At moments, Romney went so far as to make high gas prices out to be a welcome reality for the foreseeable future, one that people needed to learn to live with. When lieutenant governor Kerry Healey, a fellow Republican, called for suspending the state’s 23.5 cent gas tax during a price spike in May 2006, Romney rejected the idea, saying it would only further drive up gasoline consumption. “I don’t think that now is the time, and I’m not sure there will be the right time, for us to encourage the use of more gasoline,” Romney said, according to the Quincy Patriot Ledger’s report at the time. “I’m very much in favor of people recognizing that these high gasoline prices are probably here to stay.”

When Romney was a governor, he was a liberal.  He liked the high gas prices, just like Obama likes them.  When he had the chance to give consumers some relief from high gas prices, he acted just like a liberal.

This is nothing new for the etch a sketch man.   He does not want us to think about anything other than what he is saying today.  That is why the etch a sketch meme is resonating.  It is so true about Mitt Romney.  He literally erases what he has said or more importantly what he has done, depending on the day.

When are the Republicans going to buy a clue?  Romney is as liberal as Obama.  He is not an anti-American Marxist like Obama but his policies are just the same.  There is a reason why former Romney advisors went to work for the Obama Regime. 

Romney is the candidate who cannot beat Obama.  If for some reason Obama managed to lose the campaign, there would be almost no noticeable change from the Obama Regime to a Romney administration. 

We have not had a conservative Republican nominee since Reagan.  How many times does the GOP shove moderates or liberals down our throat before we do something about it?  There is a reason why we all look back to the glory days of Reagan.  We do not look to the glory days of George H.W. Bush.  There weren’t any.  Nor do we look to the glory days of Bob Dole, George W. Bush or John McCain.

Unless we can deadlock the convention and force the issue, we are totally screwed by Mitt Romney.   We conservatives have a choice.  Either we get serious and take over the GOP or we go to another party.   If Romney gets the nomination, he becomes the de facto leader of the party.  Don’t look for conservatives to have any influence with the party.  It will be more of the same northeastern RINOs who have given us such winners as John McCain and Bob Dole in the past.

Romney may be close to the point where he actually locks up the nomination.  When that happens, look for the true Mitt Romney to show his colors.

Since Romney is a liberal, trust me, we conservatives won’t like it.

Tags: GOP, RINO, a, etch, mitt, primary, republicans, romney, sketch

Views: 1106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually I would like everyone to post more.

Although Judson posts blogs about Newt whom he supports that is his right, just as it is my right not to agree with him. And you for that matter.

How is my comment off-topic or irrelevant? When? I purposely stay on-topic because I know Judson wants to keep comments flowing pertaining to the specific blog posted.

Although I may not agree with you, you have the right to say it. It would be nice if you would treat others with the same respect.

Janet, Gary said it and then right underneath him, you said I doth protest too much. Isn't that the same thing? And there is no such thing as protesting too much the Progressive movement, and pointing out that the infighting happening amongst conservatives is damaging to the entire Republican party. They don't need our help bashing our guys. No one is as EVIL as Obama. And everyone else running is an American. No one else running for President is trying to work with the unions, who are in cahoots with radical Islam, to usher in an Islamic caliphate. Everyone on this website is dead meat under that regime, and if you wonder how evil Islam is, just take yourself back to 9-11.

Kristin, I know all about Obama and probably more than you know. I have been vetting him since 2007 and have been warning people on major MSM sites against him since that time.

What we are talking about in this blog is Romney and his negatives. There are still 3 other candidates running. This may go to a brokered convention.

Obama and Hillary went until June bashing each other.

And Romney worries me because if he is the nominee we lose the Obamacare leverage we have against Obama since most Americans are against it. And now there is Holdren and Cap & Trade in MA.

However, I think Obama's disastrous record as President and the fact that information is coming out about his background, finally, I think we have a good chance of defeating him.

That is if we have enough poll watchers to circumvent what happened in 2008.

Judson runs this website....

Correct.  Therefore he is technically allowed to be FULL ON for anything or anybody he chooses.  Sometimes people here agree with him and sometimes they don't, but for the most part people here don't take another's opinion personally.  You on the other hand, seem to be particularly incensed not only by Judson's opinions and/or preferences but  those of other members as well. One wonders why, if the opinions expressed on this site are so incompatible with your sensibilities, that you feel it necessary to return, if only to point out our shortcomings? 

I "return" because I am a moderator here and I have to watch what goes on. Second of all, there are many valuable things posted here that have nothing to do with Newt and everything to do with our Republic. Third of all, I often have lots of encouraging posts and I do back Judson up when I see him personally attacked. I have never personally attacked Judson, he is my friend and I like him. I just am disappointed that this website the mouthpiece for the Newt campaign, instead of all the candidates who are better than the Kenyan fraud in the White House. And Juls, you obviously only want to point out selected posts of mine, because the opinions on this site are not incompatible with mine, and you saying so displays your ignorance of my views which are easily ascertained by looking at my posts.

Oh Kristin, you appear to be a very intelligent woman with much to offer in terms of information and opinions.  But there is an old saying about catching more flies with honey than vinegar. 

I am familiar with your posts, and while always impassioned, they do have the tendency - at times - to be unduly harsh and critical.   

Now, you may chose to interpret what I'm saying as nothing but unfounded, 'ignorant' criticism, or you could perhaps decide that there may be just the tiniest bit of truth to my words and re-evaluate how you interact with  others on this site. 

Kristin, As I said previously, I think your problem is that Judson and some others are Newt supporters. I am not and have posted why, ad nauseum.

But they have a right to post their views as does everyone else on TP Nation.

If you think that this site is a campaign for Newt, then write a blog to steer it in a different direction.

For a moderator, your comments are very vitriolic and you come off as someone who doesn't have patience for those with a different view.

We're supposed to have a discussion here, aren't we?

Janet Dobbs.

She has you mixed up with me, as I am a Janet too. Kristin doesn't like it when we comment negatively on any of the GOP candidates. She takes it further by commenting negatively on anyone that states something she doesn't agree with. I have learned to just ignore her, which is something hard to do.

"Folks" are tired of my "blather"? Really, like maybe a handful who can't argue with my logic and can only tell me to stop posting? I get LOTS of emails and posts, too, here, in my favor, so, Gary, your post is false and is just as irritating as anyone else who tries to silence anyone.

Oh Juls, you are SO smart and you know more than me and yet there are only like, oh, what 4-5 people who don't like my forthright way of addressing people? Yea. Whatever. We can compare our achievements, brains, careers, and wow, POSTS all day long if you can stand the heat.

I tried to be nice Kristin, but I have been on the receiving end of your vitriol one too many times.  So listen up sweetheart - it's obvious that you come on to this site primed for a fight and in full attack mode.  You are insulting, disparaging, judgmental and derogatory with anyone who deigns to disagree with your position.  Your personal  issues apparently lead you to see insults and criticism around every corner even when none exist -   as evidenced by your unkind response to Carol (below) who made the mistake of asking a simple question.  Your callous disregard  for other members on this site is not only uncalled for, it is wholly incompatible with the role of moderator.  Oh, and your defensive posturing neither impresses or intimidates me.  Personally I find it to be rather sad.

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

Whole Body Research

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service