We are now in the second day of the Obama silence on Jimmy Hoffa’s call to take Tea Party activists out. Obama is not saying anything about it and Jay Carney, White House Spokesman isn’t saying anything either. This is a contrast with the way McCain was treated in 08, when he had to apologize for the actions of another speaker at a campaign event who referred to Obama as Barack Hussien Obama.
From the Daily Caller:
White House spokesman Jay Carney repeatedly refused today to condemn aggressive statements by Teamsters president James Hoffa at a Labor Day event headlined by President Barack Obama.
“Those weren’t comments by the president … he didn’t hear it, I don’t have any comment beyond that,” Carney said in response to questions from ABC’s Jake Tapper. “Mr. Hoffa speaks for himself, he speaks for the labor movement,” Carney added during the afternoon press conference.
Obama addressed the union-friendly crowd at the Detroit event roughly 20 minutes after Hoffa declared that “President Obama, this is your army … Let’s take these sons of bitches out and take America back to where we belong.”
The term “sons of bitches” was used to refer to Republican legislators and Tea Party supporters.
Union leaders and membership support is critical to Obama’s 2012 campaign, providing an often dependable source of donations and campaign volunteers.
Tapper continued, pressing Carney to explain if the president’s repeated calls for “civility” was compatible with the White House’s silence on Hoffa’s statements.
Memo to Jake Tapper, civility only applies to conservatives. If a conservative does something terrible like pointing out a liberal’s record, we are inciting violence. But if a liberal says something, it is no big deal. It is something not even worthy of comment.
When any nut goes of and does the most minor infraction, the Tea Party is expected to denounce the person, whether he or she had anything to do with the Tea Party.
Obama is not the only one tying to exercise their right to remain silent. Debbie Wasserman Schultz dodged questions left and right on Fox this morning.
From Fox Nation:
In a heated exchanged, Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz repeatedly ducked questions on “Fox and Friends” Tuesday about Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa’s call for workers to combat the tea party and “take these son-of-a-bitches out.”
Wasserman Schultz tried to turn the tables on Fox and called out their news coverage, while refusing to address Hoffa’s remarks at President Barack Obama’s Monday rally in Detroit where he called on workers to wage war on the tea party.
“Fox and Friends” host Gretchen Carlson repeatedly pressed Wasserman Schultz for a comment, with the DNC chair attempting to stay on message by stating only that “the American people want us to focus on working together” to create jobs.
Americans are pretty outraged by Hoffa’s remarks and by the silence of Obama and the Democrats.
When will Obama denounce Hoffa’s remarks? When will Obama realize he is the President of all Americans, not just Democrat Americans.
When will Obama denounce Hoffa’s remarks?
Who knows, but we in the Tea Party need to keep demanding he do so.
If a republican or a member of the Tea Party had made those statements,the left would be calling on Eric Holder to arest
the speaker for making a terroristic threat.
Something else to throw in Obama's face in the Presidential debates!
Let's see: I can think of about 30 points that even I could beat him on
in a debate...should be an interesting campaign...watching little Barry
getting his butt kicked!
Nancy and Debra
1. failed stimulus
2. debt out of control
3. socialization of health care
4. fake birth certificates
5. porous borders
6. poor economy - 9% unemployment
7. failure to enact jobs legislation
8. unauthorized actions in Libya
9. unclear policies in Iraq and Afghanistan
10. ineligible for presidency
11. possible involvement in the sale of former seat by Blogoyavitch
12. allowing the US credit downgrade
13. always on vacation
14. wants to raise taxes and spend, but does not want to cut spending
15. wants to waste $300 billion on fast rail program
16. wife's wasteful trips on public dole
17. ignored Texas governor's plea for help
18. failure to enact immigration reform
19. attacking states over their attempted protection of their borders
20. false calls for ethics reforms
21. sides with union thugs
22. plays the race card
23. association with Jeremiah Wright
24. inexperience as public official
25. authorize US Federal Funding of Overseas Abortions
26. supports amnesty for illegals
27. involvement in illegal arms sales to Mexican drug lords
28. possible involvement in deal to allow drug smuggling in exchange for insider information
29. blocked deep water drilling while promoting Brazilian deep water drilling
30. refuses to prosecute “New Black Panthers” who interfered with voting in the 2008 elections
31. Solyndra, got more than $500 billion in loan guarantees then declared bankruptcy
32. has abandoned Israel
33. has repeatedly claimed that he "will now focus on creating jobs" but never has
I can't stop! Is that enough for now?
Obama cant denouce Hoffa.The unions and George Soros Own Him.As for Hoffa,he dont want to saddle a horse he cant
No need to hard press Obama for a statement. Listen to his silence. In his silence he has always been far more truthful than when he actually speaks.