Work From Home

If you are either old enough to remember the 1964 election or are a student of politics, you are familiar with Lyndon Johnson’s campaign ad that was called “Daisy.”  It showed a little girl picking daisies.  That bucolic image was replaced with footage of a nuclear explosion.  The ad suggested that if Barry Goldwater became President, we would have a nuclear war.  The ad worked.  Goldwater never became President.

Now in 2012, we have seen the footage for what may be the “Daisy” ad of 2012. 

What is it?

Appearing on MSNBC today, Foster Friess, the billionaire who is bankrolling Rick Santorum’s presidential run said, On this contraceptive thing, my gosh, it’s so inexpensive. You know, back in my days, they used Baer Aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly.”

There are times you have to ask if some people think before they speak.

This line has already shot through the blogosphere. 

Rick Santorum has already come out saying  that as President he would “confront the dangers of contraception.”  He went on to say further on contraception, "It's not OK, because it's a license to do things in the sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be."

Rick Santorum believes states have the right to outlaw contraception.

We are in the second great depression and this is a priority for Santorum?  It is something he should not even be talking about. 

If Santorum becomes the nominee, he has given the left so much ammunition that will split away many Americans from the conservative movement and the Republican Party that it will make not only a Republican Presidency impossible, but it could turn the tide in the battle for control of congress as well.

A majority of the members of the Tea Party movement are either baby boomers or seniors.  A lot of us do not realize what this issue will do to the twenty and thirty something generation. 

Each younger generation is a little more liberal than their parents.  The generation that is the children and grand children of so many of those in this movement will look at Rick Santorum, not as a conservative but as the man who wants to lead a government that will peek into their bedrooms and control some of the most important decisions in their lives. 

Obama cannot win reelection in 2012.  Unemployment is over 8%.   The real unemployment rate is really 15%.  Gas is certainly going to be over $4 a gallon this summer and possibly as much as $5.

Obama cannot win.

The Republican nominee, who ever he is, can lose. 

As much as Americans are unhappy with Obama, if they fear the Republican nominee, they will put Obama back in office. 

Rick Santorum and Foster Friess, with their insane comments on contraception have the possibility of driving voters under forty back into the arms of Democrats and Obama.

If they fear Santorum more than they fear the economy under Obama, this is a recipe for disaster and that is exactly what will happen.

Friess’ statements today and Santorum’s statements yesterday and earlier this year will be incredible fodder for the Democrats and their allies in the drive by media.

Those statements will be the soundtrack for the 2012 edition of the Daisy ad for the Democrats.

And it will be just as effective.  

Tags: 2012, ad, daisy, rick, santorum

Views: 2713

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey guys and gals have you read Makers and Takers yet wow! It explains a lot also 365 Ways To make A Liberal Go Crazy funny stuff and thought Rick Santorum is bad they have'nt seen the likes of me yet but they will! Foster Friess has noth'in on me.

Ummm wow. I like Santorum, but if this where he is going...he needs a new path. And now that I have read this, I HAVE to look up this Daisy thing. I never heard of that.

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

Whole Body Research

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service