One of our long time sayings at Tea Party Nation is that the Tea Party should not endorse candidates; candidates should endorse the Tea Party. We have run around with our speculations and arguments over who is the best candidate. Is it Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty, Sarah Palin, Ron Paul, Allen West or someone else?
On Tea Party Nation, we have discussed a Tea Party Platform. Here is a suggested Tea Party Platform based on comments people have made in response to questions we have asked on TPN. In creating the platform, we decided the following criteria would apply. We looked for what is most important to the Tea Party that could be expressed in a Tea Party Platform, that conservative candidates could sign on to and could reasonably be done in the first four years of a conservative administration. The list is not exhaustive. We limited the platform to ten issues.
Here is the proposed Tea Party Platform:
1. Cut spending. An immediate reduction in spending to 2004 levels. Government spending in 2004 was approximately $2.3 trillion. This one action will almost immediately balance the budget.
2. Create a commission for the elimination of wasteful spending. The commission would have six months to go through the federal budget and propose the elimination of spending that is simply wasteful, fraudulent or programs that do not work, have achieved their goals when they were created, or have simply failed. The commission’s proposal would go to Congress for a straight up or down vote and cannot be amended by Congress. It would then go to the President for signature.
3. Close the border with Mexico. Use military forces to completely seal the border to stop the flow of illegal immigrants, illegal narcotics and terrorists from Mexico.
4. Enforce immigration laws currently on the books. Have ICE investigate employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants and prosecute those who do.
5. Cut taxes to stimulate the economy. While our long-term goal needs to be the replacement of the income tax with a consumption based tax, the immediate goal should be to stimulate the economy with tax cuts. Start with an across the board 30% cut in personal income taxes corporate taxes and the elimination of the capital gains tax.
6. Elimination of the Department of Education and Energy, which have failed miserably in their jobs, as well as an immediate freeze in hiring new government employees, except in the area of defense and national security.
7. Create a plan to make American energy self sufficient within four years, by drilling and exploiting the natural resources we have here in America. This would include repealing laws that allow bureaucrats or liberal activist groups to file lawsuits that stop drilling or the construction of new refineries. Create rewards for those who can create marketable energy alternatives.
8. Repeal NAFTA, CAFTA and all the other free trade agreements. For America to remain a viable economic superpower, the country must have a manufacturing base. Not only do we need a manufacturing base to employ Americans, we also have crucial infrastructure components, such as power generators that are no longer made in America. If these components were destroyed in a terrorist attack, America could be crippled until we could get replacements, assuming that we could.
9. Either win Afghanistan or get out. The purpose of the military is not nation building. It is to destroy the enemy. Either we take the gloves off and let the military win in Afghanistan or we pull out.
10. Put together a commission to provide a plan to reform Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Social Security and Medicaid are rapidly heading towards insolvency. We need a plan to reform these programs.
This is a ten-point platform that is the proposed Tea Party Platform. It will not have everything everyone wants, but remember this is just the first platform. Two or Four years from now, we will have another plan; building on the successes we have after 2012.
What does everyone think?
...GOOD POINT, Jay Gee... I'd go so far as to say that a reasonable 10-year plan, passed by Congress, would provide a near immediate spike in hiring and an increase of new office purchases... this plan, though, would need to encompass several areas, like home grown energy production, a relaxation of red tape and regulations, lower taxes for everyone, including corporations, serious reduction in federal spending, eliminating needless departments and agencies...
...IF A candidate came up with a good, ten year plan, and made it part of his campaign, and included some of the people s/he would put into positions of authority, I think this would propel that candidate into frontrunner status...
I point to Russia in the 20s and up to the 60s, their five-year plans were a label and not achievable. A 50-year
plan is an objective idea, but utopian - unless we make our elect androids. Society has gotten away from the idea of sacrifice. I saw a preview of a coming movie today, where the Hispanic father and son arrive here illegally. The father wishing to advance his son to better schools turns to drug smuggling to obtain money for that better life. The movie was a propaganda piece advancing the idea that the better life is to be achieved now, without an interim pause. Because we are a multi cultural society, a tossed salad of differences, it will be next to impossible to bring about a common direction, because most of the world, and here, demonstrate they are owed. That movie was aimed to be a tear-jerker, to gain sympathy of the plight of others; and that is an industry here.
And you have stood up for what?
Scared? Done what evil has told you?
Upheld your citizen's oath. Or do you even know what your citizen's oath says?
Let me tell you all , this is our country, this is my country, these people work for us
and they are beholding to us because we have the right to do what we want.
You right wing, conservatives, republican so called tea party people are cowards!
Watch to Fox news, talk radio and think you are accomplishing something.
HOW'S IT WORKING FOR YOU ALL? EVIDENTLY VERY WELL BECAUSE YOU
HAVE THE TIME AND THE MONEY AND THE LIFE TO WASTE ON THIS CRAP!
THERE ARE SOME OF US THAT HAVE SPENT A LIFE AND OUR MONEY FIGHTING THE NO GOOD LYING COMMUNIST BASARDS.
I am sick of you cowards!
DRSANGLE: Then maybe you should leave. All I hear is name calling and insults. You think that you are the only one that been fighting this fight. LBJ was one of the worst and he didn't run for a second term, because he saw he hand writing on the wall.
Gee, how many of you have even donated, paid to be on this site?
Typical cheap assed bastards.
The old saying was, put up or shut up. Typical, hipocritical, right wing, consevative, bastards.
And you want to really change things.
I AM RESPONDING TO EVERY COMMENT ON HERE AND THE LACK
OF GUTS, COURAGE AND THE STUPIDITY.
IF WE HAD THIS TO COUNT ON TWO HUNDRED YEARS AGO, WE WOULDN'T
HAVE A COUNTRY.
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU LOW LIFE TRASH? HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO THIS SITE?
YOU THINK YOU KNOW SOMETHING? WHAT THE HELL HAVE ANY OF YOU DONE?
BELIEVE ME, I KNOW.
...thus far, Jay Gee, in the few months I've been here, I haven't read a single "solution" from angle... just contemptuous rants aimed at who knows who... I guess he posts before his meds have had a chance to kick in.
I really think that you don't know crap what other people have done for their community, state or country
Ok, bub, you want to slam on people on here. That's fine. I'll answer your question of what I have done.
I volunteered with 2 senatorial campaigns, 4 house of representative campaigns, and 2 gubernatorial campaigns. For 10 years I volunteered at the Crisis Pregnancy Center, and 15 years with the Home educators in my county. I was a relief worker at the Pentagon after 9-11, and was a soldier in the Army for 7 years, serving in Iraq for 2 1/2 years, and was wounded. The best part of this is that I am not even 30.
What have you done?