Work From Home

Mitt Romney should not start measuring the drapes for the Oval Office just yet, but he should draw some comfort from the fact that Obama’s campaign kick off was underwhelming to say the least.

From Breitbart:

Barack Obama launched his campaign in unspectacular fashion today at Ohio State University, the largest college in the crucial swing state.  A photo posted to twitter by Mitt Romney's campaign spokesman Ryan Williams reveals sparse attendance.  The above image, according to Williams, was taken during the President's first official campaign speech. 

During the speech, Obama ripped into the presumptive GOP nominee and discussed nation building at home, but the most newsworthy item of the day was not the talking points Obama delivered: it was the crowd... or lack thereof.  According to ABC News, the Obama campaign had expected an "overflow" of people.  Instead, the arena looked half-empty.  The Columbus Dispatch reports that Obama organizers even had people move from the seats to the floor of the gym in order to project a larger crowd on television.

According to the Toledo Blade, the venue for Obama's rally seats 20,000 but "there were a lot of empty seats." Comparatively, Obama drew a crowd of 35,000 at Ohio State when he campaigned for former Governor Ted Strickland in 2010.

Had this been a conservative event or a Tea Party event, the media would have been all over the empty room.

This does not bode well for Obama.  His team organized a very bad event.   The mainstream media may not have spent a lot of time on it but Obama’s half empty room is all over the conservative blogosphere.

There is a rule for political events.  You prefer small, just not too small.  In other words, you want standing room only.    You do not want a venue that is half empty.  Regardless of the crowd it makes you look like a failure.

On the other hand, Obama is a failure and this is just one more, albeit minor, failure in his record of failure.

Tags: campaign, epic, fail, kick, obama, off

Views: 1861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good. I hope this person fades away.

So do I.  The problem set before us won't dissolve once Obama is defeated, no matter how satisfying a moment it will be.  And it will be a great moment.  For instance, the problem of absurd third-world affirmative action immigration policies has only accelerated since the "fading away" of Teddy Kennedy, a rich madman who set out to undermine the American Republic for twisted, personal reasons.  The problem of the government within the government within the government - - the entrenched bureaucratic empire - - will have to be confronted by Constitutional Conservatives thoroughly educated, trained, vetted and briefed to be able to go into vast data bases and with Owl-like mindfulness root out the corruption.  Envision Ayn Rand being able to go into the governmental nightmare she depicted and to undo it herself to her own standards of excellence.  It's not nice work if you can get it; it's brutal, dirty, time consuming, detail, memo, legislative and statute drafting toil.   Very dry uncharismatic souls endowed with selfless probity and the yogic ablity to endure vast stretches of time contemplating labyrinthine histories of tyrannical crime and then to work with allies to uproot, arrest, and try the malefactors must win the upcoming elections.  A good model from the past generation:  Dick Thornburgh, former Pennsylvania governor.  A candidate running for office who would follow in such footsteps:  Keith Rothfus, running in PA for Congress.  YES!  WE CAN DEFEAT AND UNDO ZERO-KING'S TYRANNY BUT LET'S HAVE NO ILLUSIONS ABOUT THE VAST MOUNTAIN OF MERDE WE FACE.  This is a century old + dog fight.  I mean, hey, Axelrod is Trotsky's grandson.  Enough said.

Beautifully written with soaring linguistics. Truth stated with eloquent flourish. However Horizon, what does yogic mean?

"Yogic." I'm trying to win over the subcontinent Hindu new American voters, plus the increasing population of meditation practioners opening classrooms on commercial boulevards throughout the country, and, also, I'm seeking to expand the "Conservative" viewpoint, to give it scope of hitherto overlooked constituencies, and, lastly, to give some suggestions on the kind of discipline it will actually take both physical, spiritual and mental to focus for years on hundreds of thousands of pages of fiendishly conceived plans we will have to subpoena from John Podesta and George Goldfinger Soros, just for starters.  It will take the single focus of a samurai warrior (They practiced Ninja yoga.)  to contemplate the records of these tyrants and then to track them down, grill them under oath, and prosecute them.  All "Yogic" means is an extra special inner single-minded focus that will never waver, but calmly eliminate the graft and tyranny and communistic plans of enslavement by people like Bernadine Dorhn or Cass Sunstein, the latter being one of the inventors of the idea of, "Soft Tyranny."

Come to think of it, I want people who practice yoga to identify themselves as Tea Party Conservatives and not as New Age Flower Power Obama Nerds.

Truth is I'm just trying to get some attention by using the word in an uncommon context.  Like when Bill Buckley would use a word like, "Datum," or, "Decorticate."

oh - a malapropism.

I am sure it means they hit the wrong key. No big deal our brain is smart enough to figure out what the word was meant to be.LOL

"We The People" Must Rid Ourselves Of the Barry Fraud In The White House!

I'll bet he was spittin' mad!  Poor baby.  My heart breaks.   

Notice that there is Nobody on the upper decks!

The people on the floor, in the foreground?

Obama 

organizers

even had people move from the seats to the floor of the gym in order to project a larger crowd on television, as reported in the The Columbus Dispatch.  Also noted was that

"Obama volunteers had worked feverishly over the last week to gin up a crowd, making multiple calls to residents believed to be supportive of the president."

May he succeed in having many more events that come off like this one in the battleground State of Ohio!

Thanks for the picture Vern, NBC news showed a large cheering crowd behind him.

You're not insinuating that NBC doesn't report the "truth" are you?  :)

Never. NBC is know for always being truthful. Excuse me, I have to go vomit

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

The Instant Survivalist

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service