Work From Home

The National Football League has transitioned from being a fall sport to being a multibillion dollar year around sport.

The NFL draft just concluded and the NFL is now becoming more politically correct than most other sports.  The NFL is enjoyed by a lot of people but now they risk killing off a large part of their fan base.

What has a happened?

Michael Sam.

He is the first “openly” homosexual player to be drafted.

He was drafted and in what was very clearly a scripted movement for television, he kissed another man.

The reaction was quick.

Many Americans were grossed out by the spectacle of two men kissing on TV.  Many were appalled by what was obviously a staged event to push an agenda.

In Miami, there was a different result.

From the Blaze:

Miami Dolphins safety Don Jones was fined an undisclosed amount Sunday and will undergo educational training after sending a negative tweet about Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to be selected in the NFL draft.

Shortly after the St. Louis Rams took Sam in the seventh round Saturday, Jones tweeted “OMG” and “Horrible.” The tweets were taken down a short time later.

Jones apologized for his comments Sunday and described them as inappropriate. The Dolphins said Jones has been excused from all team activities until he completes training related to his comments.

“We were disappointed to read Don’s tweets,” coach Joe Philbin said in a statement. “They were inappropriate and unacceptable, and we regret the negative impact these comments had on such an important weekend for the NFL. We met with Don today about respect, discrimination and judgment. These comments are not consistent with the values and standards of our program.”

Yes, and now we know what the values of the NFL are.

Tim Tebow was essentially run out of the NFL because no team wanted to put up with the “circus” that surrounds him because of his open Christian beliefs.  The NFL isn’t pressuring any team to even give him a tryout.

Yet there was tremendous pressure to make sure that Michael Sam was draft. 

Before the NFL draft, a number of NFL scouts said they did not think Michael Sam was good enough to play in the NFL.  They all spoke anonymously and now we know why. 

If any of them had the courage to put their name to their comments they would have seen the end of their careers.

The St. Louis Rams took Michael Sam and now they are stuck with him.  In training camp, no one is assured of making the team. That is except now for Michael Sam. 

The NFL put tremendous pressure on teams to draft Sam. Now that pressure will be exclusively on the Rams to make certain he makes the roster.

Over the last few years, the NFL has become much more of an arm of the political left.  From the Baltimore Ravens pitching Obamacare to the NFL’s implied threats to move the Super Bowl from Arizona if Governor Jan Brewer did not veto Arizona’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the NFL is acting like an arm of Organizing for Obama.

Perhaps it is time for real Americans to say enough.  If the NFL wants to be political, then it can be. We don’t have to watch the NFL and we should ask our Senators and Congressmen why the NFL remains a tax-exempt organization?

Views: 1014

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why do Americans seem so dumb. We are in the boiling pot of the radical political left and the will make sure we are boiled alive. That is if we just sit in the pot and let them boil us. I hope by now Americans are learning a lesson about sin. We can not have a nonchalant attitude to sin. We should also have learned that there are a lot of unwise leaders in the church. Most churches are too concerned with losing their falsely gleaned tithes. If they ruffle feathers people will leave. If people leave they want have any offerings and can not build huge monuments that do nothing but sit empty. We should not watch or buy tickets to any NFL activity, because when we do we are saying that what they are doing is fine with us. Remember where your heart is there your treasures will be also.

Great comments Mary.

The wages of sin is DEATH. By accepting and tolerating this "lifestyle" choice, we are accepting the sin of homosexuality as OK in this society.

It is NOT.

As a Christian, I am NOT saying we kill these "men" like the oh-so-tolerant muslim would do.

I am saying LOVE the sinners, HATE the sin. Tell them that it is WRONG in the sight of God and they will suffer for being in opposition to His will.

I agree, we need to hit them where it hurts most, in the wallet (or in this case the purse). Begin by boycotting all things NFL and all advertisers who pay for commercial air time during NFL events. ESPN should get a backlash as well for shoving it down our throats (no pun intended).

The video of the 2 men kissing was first shown on ESPN but was all over ABC's morning show today...

Next thing you know this rookie will be named MVP of the NFL after not playing one minute!

I think a boycott is called for and should go beyond just the NFL but should include all the media that has been pushing this as a "normal" lifestyle.

Here is a partial list:

I intend to email, call, and write all of these groups and avoid their products until an apology is made.

They just made my naughty list.

Boycot.   Good idea.

Mary, I always enjoy reading your blogs & post and once again I agree with you 100%.

May the Lord bless and keep you until His return.

What Mary said!!

Yeah, there's wheat being sifted all over.

It's easy to complain about pastors (confession: I do it in my heart all the time), but it's harder for me to discuss what the problems are.  

Even in church, the people who believe

"But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first"

tend to end up washing dishes in the basement, vacuuming, and stacking chairs after everyone else has left.  Those who don't trust that tend (I'm not criticizing everybody) to end up in front, getting the attention, on the pastor's "A"-list.  Pastors know that craving for attention and status is a spiritual weakness, but it's just too useful to confront!  And those are the Christians everybody notices!!

There's "the [unsaved] customer is always right" attitude which preaches that we must always be on our guard to keep up our [false] image of holiness, so that we are never accused of hypocrisy.  And yet, that falseness is what stands out the most!!

Yes!  We have been commanded to be holy, even perfect.  I don't remember that we were ever commanded to hide our failings, only to confess them (and try to repent)!!  Keep it real!

And, there are many non-Christians who simply can't be pleased, for their own spiritual reasons, and this is not our fault:

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Yes, it's hard to learn the difference between the discernment we are supposed to develop, and the judgment we are supposed to avoid.  It can be hard to learn the difference between speaking the truth out of love, even when the truth hurts, and condemnation.  And we will be accused of condemnation whenever the truth hurts.

But we don't have permission to backpedal, or soft-pedal; we don't have permission to alter the scriptures: it's my understanding we will be judged by how faithfully we tried to get it right, not by how "right" we were.  And we'll never learn if we don't try, and fail, and try again.  I'm nobody's pastor, except in the sense of being a pastor to my children.  But I would encourage Christians to

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering!

Thank you, Mary. God Bless you today and always.

The NFL should be renamed the NPL - figure it out - I for one am about done with them just like I am the rest of professional sports - pretty soon they'll give participation trophies like is now mandated by many little leagues - peroanlly am very tired of all the political correctness

Why do we even have to know this about someone?  My local news channel could barely get over themselves gushing about Michael Sam as in "let's celebrate his homosexuality" even though the story was about the NFL draft!  Too bad for the other 100 (?) players who get no mention!

Yeah.  That's a good question.  Just why is the NFL a tax-exempt organization?  Are all professional sports tax-exempt?  Are the ads during the games tax-exempt too?  Then, again, in a larger scheme of things why is Public Television subsidized?  And again are the ads they carry (and they do) tax exempt too?  Mr. Sam won't last when the troops get hold of him.  Being Gay doesn't make a person special or right and I wonder why sexual preference always comes into play when one of them is around while during the rest of the time it  isn't even thought of.

Boycott the Rams, the politically correct nut cases can not enforce buying tickets, nor tuning in to their game.

I GUESS I'M JUST TO OLD TO ACCEPT THIS CRAP. I'LL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO WATCH NFL FOOTBALL NOW.

I'm not watching many sports these days....primarily NCAA Football. The rest of it can be put in the ESPN wastebasket, and thrown away. 

America, along with the rest of the world will soon crumble under their own weight of sin. The state of the world is much worse under obama. 

People will have to make a choice between this cesspool, or God. I'm with God!!!!

Politically correct. Here it is-  fagot, queer, c*********.  When ESPN showed that clip

I changed the channel.  When watching Espn in the future I will look at the ads to

see who to boycott, 

RSS

Tea Party Nation is a social network

Whole Body Research

Young Living Essential Oils

© 2014   Created by Judson Phillips.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service